Invisible Quick Review

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I didn't see any review on this so I thought I would offer up a quick one.
FYI, I have ordered garbage from ellusionist in the past; please don't think
I am one of their minions. I think the first dvd I ever bought was their piece of
garbage street magic dvd. Anyway,

I have not attempted any of the routines; I have only viewed the dvd as I just
received it the other day. I was very pleasantly surprised at the practicality,
and ease of use of this IT hook up. I have not tried it yet but this hook up I'm
pretty sure can be done with out a reel. I won't go into detail why of course,
but if the reel gets tangled you could have a card full of back up threads ready to go.
The reset for each effect is essentially instant as long as you don't break it, but I'm sure
that goes with out saying. The only routine I am slightly disappointed in is the coin routine.
I think the gaff required should have been included with this package given the price. Oh and
instruction is all visual as he speaks only French, I'm assuming. There is a French option though
for those of you who speak it.

Included Effects:

Ring
Three Fly Routine (besides the floating coin part, very nice routine)
Pen
Haunted deck (three variations)

Pros:

Instant reset
Comes with a small booklet with tips on using.
This is for workers
All routines are great
You end clean

Cons:

Dvd could go more in depth
Need to buy a gaff
Should be cheaper; you're really paying for the routines though you have a reel included.

Practicality 10/10
Reset 10/10
Price 6/10
DVD Quality 8/10
Included Routines 8/10 (because you have to buy another gaff)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
UPDATE:

I attempted to perform the ring routine with just IT and no reel. Fail. You do need a reel to perform that routine.
Haven't had time for the others yet. In all honesty I think loops or a better bet for the haunted deck than this.
This leaves you clean but why break what isn't broken? Haven't tried the flying coin, but as I said you need to purchase
a gaff and then gaff it some more. I'm not sure if I have the tool to do that. On the plus side, the ring routine is awesome.
You end clean. It looks like real magic. Works just like in the trailer with no problems as of yet. I've tried it about ten times
so far. Like I said this is a worker. You can repeat as much as you want until the thread inevitably breaks or reel is tangled.
This is instant reset. It is def an item I would perform at the right moment and not at every set though if you wanted to
you could. Hope this helps someone out there in magic land!

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I wouldn't say you end clean. More accurately, your hands end clean.

No, I'm preeeettttyyy sure you end clean. I think you may have a different definition of what clean is. The fact of the matter is once the effect is over, the reel is reset and there is nothing on the ring nor on your hands. I am not sure how that is not clean to you.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Technically he's right because the reel is still on you. But it's just pedantry and while I enjoy a good bout of that myself, it doesn't really matter for the effects that can be done with that reel.

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Technically he's right because the reel is still on you. But it's just pedantry and while I enjoy a good bout of that myself, it doesn't really matter for the effects that can be done with that reel.

I get what you are saying, but I think a lot of effects many of us do would not have us ending clean in this regard. I typically have many things on my person that would leave me dirty by how you are thinking about it. If spectators searched my pockets they would find all sorts of curious items. I was under the impression that most of us thought of ending "clean" as having nothing in the hands as well as inspectable items used. Most of the time they don't want to do a full body search. But yes, for the effects done with this reel, your hands and items used are completely, 100%, clean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results