Is Distortion the Original?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think its something like OZ PEARLMAN-STARRY EYED SURPRISE and THUNDERBIRD by Lee.. Well checkk this..did they steal it from tamariz?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKB1Vikmzho

wayne is my favorite magician ever.. I hope he didnt steal it from Cyril or Tamariz.. I think it doesnt matter the thing that matters here is that its a very strong effect and veryy VISUAL..

Sep 1, 2007
click on the "about.theory11" somewhere near the topright..and you'll see this

Wayne Houchin (Former Consultant to Criss Angel & Cyril)

i wouldnt be surprised if they perform similar tricks

Well I don't care who made the effect as long as everyone is happy with the way it's produced and taught on the DVD, Im personally look forward to this trick far more than most I've seen on any site since I never took the time to try and figure Cyrils out.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Hey guys. I appreciate the discussion & search for truth & honesty. The history of the moving pip card is thoroughly explained on the DVD:

The Moving Pip card (the gimmick that makes this possible) has been around since at least the 1970's. It looks like it may have origniated from Japan. It was first done as a stage gag using a jumbo card. In 1980, Michael Ammar was the first (as far as we can tell) to have the moving pip card made with a NORMAL poker sized playing card. In 1981 he published his routine using the card "Visually Yours." Michael graciously contributed his routine to the Distortion project & it is taught & performed as a bonus - on the DVD.

So what is Distortion? "Distortion" is MY routine using the Moving Pip gimmick, just like "Visually Yours" is Michael Ammar's routine using the Moving Pip gimmick. I have worked out a transposition effect that creates quite an impact.

So, to sum it all up: The Moving Pip gimmick that you recieve with the DVD has been around for a long time. Michael Ammar was the first to have it made with a normal sized poker card. Michael's fantastic routine "Visually Yours" is taught on the DVD with HIS permission & blessing. "Distortion" is MY routine using the same gimmick.

I hope that clears some things up. Feel free to copy and paste this response, or link to it, if you see others asking the same questions. Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
thats what i thought and if you want ill pm you the links to the vids who reveal so you can delete them for copyright!

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Can I buy an extra gimmick when I buy the DVD?

Eventually that option will be made available to those who purchase, or have purchased the DVD. However, because we are only releasing a limited amount of advanced copies, only one Moving Pip gimmick per person. We want to get a few of these out & see what you guys think, but after the official release on October 1st, yes, you will be able to order extras.

Some advice: If you order one of the Distortion advance copies PLEASE do not play with the gimmick until AFTER you watch the DVD. I do cover some extremely important tips that can dramatically decrease the possibility of damaging your card.

Great question, I'll talk to you soon!

Sep 1, 2007
Eventually that option will be made available to those who purchase, or have purchased the DVD. However, because we are only releasing a limited amount of advanced copies, only one Moving Pip gimmick per person. We want to get a few of these out & see what you guys think, but after the official release on October 1st, yes, you will be able to order extras.

Some advice: If you order one of the Distortion advance copies PLEASE do not play with the gimmick until AFTER you watch the DVD. I do cover some extremely important tips that can dramatically decrease the possibility of damaging your card.

please respond how many is there left

Sep 1, 2007
Man Distortion looks awesome. I'm pretty sure I know how the number change works but doesn't matter since it looks good. I might get it since it fits my style of magic and I'll be working at a cafe soon. Just wondering though, on the official release you said you might be able to buy extra gimmick cards, will they be all the same or different number cards? Like 5 of diamons to 10 of diamonds or something. And also will we have options on the type of back the card has? Thanks.

-AZ

S

sidrohc

Okay thanks for the quick response! I am definitely going to pick this up in October.

Sep 2, 2007
???
Hey there guys,

I was also wondering about this trick. It's been available from magic hall for some time now, so does that mean that they haven't worked with Ammar in the gimmick and have merely made it? Are there any quality differences with the gimmick? The price isn't bad considering its Singapore dollars...so just wondering!

http://www.themagichall.com/product_detail.php?pid=489

Many thanks

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey there guys,

I was also wondering about this trick. It's been available from magic hall for some time now, so does that mean that they haven't worked with Ammar in the gimmick and have merely made it? Are there any quality differences with the gimmick? The price isn't bad considering its Singapore dollars...so just wondering!

http://www.themagichall.com/product_detail.php?pid=489

Many thanks
Good question. The owner of the site, Kenneth Pei, is the one who produced the gimmicks for us. We found his Moving Pips to be of the utmost quality and collaborated with him on producing this. Check the Distortion product page for more details.

Aug 31, 2007
NO HE DIDNT THE one in five times five japan is different look at my performance of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuheXMAXKY see its on the box Cyril is the orginal creator i already fig it out people that work at theory 11 if you have read my other post send me a message i will send you the link so you can delete the videos on youtube that reveal it there under the name djifh just an example

why do you keep on saying that these are your performances? you take other videos and say that it is yours.

Sep 2, 2007
???
Good question. The owner of the site, Kenneth Pei, is the one who produced the gimmicks for us. We found his Moving Pips to be of the utmost quality and collaborated with him on producing this. Check the Distortion product page for more details.

Brilliant! Very happy that there is now a gimmick and DVD for correct handling etc. Good to know that the magical world truely is getting smaller and less "cliquey". Nice price as well. Can't wait till I can get the effect! Many thanks for the speedy reply :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results