Is it just me?

Sep 3, 2007
"Brad Christian lights orphanages on fire and regularly shoots puppies; that's why I don't like him."

If I saw a comment like that on T11, along with solid, undeniable proof, I would probably share in the sentiments of hatred that so many of you feel. But as far as I know, he's never killed anything more than your wallet. All I have to say to all of you, you impatient people who are supremely upset when products are released a year after being announced and turn out not to be as good as the hype around them made them seem, is caveat emptor.

Nobody makes you buy these products. Brad Christian doesn't come into your house and jack your wallet and then leave behind a crappy DVD or gimmick. You are the only one who can spend your money; there's no real scam. It's called business, and business requires creating a demand so that you can sell your supply.

You're the only one at fault if you buy it. If I were to post up a bunch of stones, advertising that when ground up and snorted, they gave you the ability to fly, and charged $30 apiece for them, I'm not the idiot; whoever buys it is the idiot. Now, barring of course the obvious case of false advertising, I am not in the wrong. You chose to believe me, and you chose to spend your money. If I were able to find some little loophole to explain to you that when I said "ability to fly," I actually meant "ability to ingest sand," I would be hated, but innocent.

So you be smart. Because Ellusionist? They're being smart. And when the smart want money, it's the foolish who give it away.

Jul 15, 2008
Well mitch, I think the reason people mention brad's eyeliner so much is because he used to NOT have it... and personally, I do think he looks girlier with it on. If he had always worn eyeliner, I wouldn't have even noticed.

And I can't believe you guys are already so disappointed w/ smokes and mirrors... nobody's even touched them yet.......

E is a pretty good site I think... I do prefer Penguin's Born to Perform over Brad's Crash Course, tho... Also... I'm being a bit contradicting here, but I wish Brad wouldn't throw in so much useless crap we're never gonna use inside those dvds and say the magical line: "This trick is worth the cost of the dvd by itself"

Sep 1, 2007
Out of everyone here I probably have the most reason to hate them, and I still don't. They're a business, like any other magic site, their main priority is to make money! They do a good job of it too!
Why?

And I don't like him, not because of his ethics, I just think he's a bit of a p**ck.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

The following question(s) are rhetorical. I'm not asking for anyone to answer them, I just want everyone to ask themselves these questions:

What is the purpose of this thread?
Will this thread go anywhere other than a mass argument over whether T11 or Ellusionist is better?
Why am I posting in this thread?
Will this thread further my magic in any way, shape or form?

TDA

Guys,

The following question(s) are rhetorical. I'm not asking for anyone to answer them, I just want everyone to ask themselves these questions:

Will this thread go anywhere other than a mass argument over whether T11 or Ellusionist is better?

TDA
++++++++1

Mitch

Jul 15, 2008
TDA,

I don't see what problem you have with this thread. Sometimes, we like to know what people think about DVDs, Cards, Websites. And sometimes, we want to know why they are either praised or hated. If you think that enough has been said on this subject of comparison between E and T11, that's fine, you don't have to read the thread. Being a moderator shouldn't allow you to put down the people in the thread, just because you are bored of it, as long as it's not causing a problem. As far as I know, this thread has not offended anyone (Maybe brad), and is clear of coarse language, etc.

I'm fairly new to this site and this is the first thread in which I had the chance to give my thoughts on E from here. I was glad to read most of the posts praising E, and agreed with a lot of the ones that criticized it. It gave me some insight and made me think about why I shop at E, T11, etc...

I don't know where you got the idea that this was a mass argument, but it's not. It might become one, but I'd like to think that the posters on this site are mature enough to know where to draw the line. No flaming has happened so far.

Although you specifically stated that you didn't want your questions answered, I'd like to answer the last one, for my own sake: The great thing I love about Magic, is that we are not alone, but we are a community. I like discussing useful (or perhaps less useful) subjects with fellow performers, because it helps to relate to people who are like me. An open General Discussion forum such as this helps me discuss with others on random subjects that I find interesting. It doesn't directly help further my magic, but it helps further ME, as a magician.

TDA,

I don't see what problem you have with this thread. Sometimes, we like to know what people think about DVDs, Cards, Websites. And sometimes, we want to know why they are either praised or hated. If you think that enough has been said on this subject of comparison between E and T11, that's fine, you don't have to read the thread. Being a moderator shouldn't allow you to put down the people in the thread, just because you are bored of it, as long as it's not causing a problem. As far as I know, this thread has not offended anyone (Maybe brad), and is clear of coarse language, etc.

I'm fairly new to this site and this is the first thread in which I had the chance to give my thoughts on E from here. I was glad to read most of the posts praising E, and agreed with a lot of the ones that criticized it. It gave me some insight and made me think about why I shop at E, T11, etc...

I don't know where you got the idea that this was a mass argument, but it's not. It might become one, but I'd like to think that the posters on this site are mature enough to know where to draw the line. No flaming has happened so far.

Although you specifically stated that you didn't want your questions answered, I'd like to answer the last one, for my own sake: The great thing I love about Magic, is that we are not alone, but we are a community. I like discussing useful (or perhaps less useful) subjects with fellow performers, because it helps to relate to people who are like me. An open General Discussion forum such as this helps me discuss with others on random subjects that I find interesting. It doesn't directly help further my magic, but it helps further ME, as a magician.

Give it a couple of months. You'll see about a dozen more of these threads in the next ew weeks and you'll be begging to have them closed. Any thread about E vs T11 in any form turns into mass argument and name calling, trust me.

Mar 4, 2008
Guys,

TDA

well the reason I posted this is because I wanted to know. Like I don't see the problem is with asking becuse I have seen some pretty low things said bout brad forgoodness sakes he's just making a living doing somthing he enjoys and I am sorry you thought I was comparing t11ande (even if there is no comparison loljk)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results