Is my Bicycle deck faulty?

Aug 21, 2016
Hello,

I'm new in to this world, its amazing to watch people do stuff, trying to understand how they did it and learning tricks.

Recently I bought my first Bicycle deck. I have some questions about it.

First of all, on the top of the box it says "Standard Size Standard Face" and on the back side it says "4 Pip face". As far as I know, Standard Face means 2 pips. So the information is contradicting the one on the back side? Problem is I wanted to buy 2 pips, I saw 'Standard Face' text and did not realize the 4 Pip thing on the back side. Cards are 4 pip. In this case I wonder what does "Standard Face" mean then?

Secondly, cards are printed with a fairly obvious 'shift'. The following picture will show what I mean. Is that normal?

Attachments

• shift.jpeg
    shift.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 78

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
It is normal to see some shifting in Bicycle Playing Cards so don't worry too much about that. There is something quite clever you can do with cards that have a slight shift in the printing, I'll link the video from scam school when I find it.

Standard Face is simply that the face of the cards is standard. *Puts on Captain Obvious cape* But seriously, it means that the faces are the standard artwork/design that one would be accustomed to seeing on a playing card.

The 4 pip thing is completely foreign to me... But as long as the deck is Poker size (808) and has an air cushion finish you will be able to practice and perform confidently.

Welcome to theory 11 and the world of magic!

P.S. I suggest you watch this as well:
https://store.theory11.com/products/what-to-read-jason-england

My personal recommendation for starting out would be Royal Road to Card Magic. I love this book.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results