Israel through the eyes of a Cardist

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
Well I am not actually there anymore but I was just in Israel for 12 days or so on a birthright trip. To all that are Jewish and live in the states I cannot recommend this enough as it was one of the best experiences of my life and I was in tears when I had to leave.

Regardless while I was there many people took pictures of me playing with my cards so I thought that I would show off one of the best countries in the world through the eyes of a card artist. Just used the amazing landscape as a background. Who says we don't get out? I am also including some artsy-fartsy card pictures I took that can be used for desktop wallpapers. So sorry for the many posts, but I think its a nice gift to you guys.

Please feel free to comment and I hope you all enjoy.

PS - Besides the oompa-loompa picture on Something Awful, this is the only time I have shown my face on the internet, so relish in the fact that I am allowing you to see the full grander of my visage.

Flourish Pics:

Mt Tzfachot in Eliat:

Messada:

Yad Vashem (Holocaust Museum):

Old Jaffa:

Sep 8, 2007
Hey man.
I'm from Israel, seems like you've visited some of our best sites.
I'm really happy you enjoyed your trip in Israel, seems like you had a blast.
Regards,
Bar.

Now imagine living there all of your life!! I am Israeli and I lived there most of my life. Right now I live in the U.S as relocation from my dad's job. However, every summer I go back to visit my family and friends for 2 months, and after I finish high school I am planning going back and to show the Israelis what Magic is all about!!

The Illusionist

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
Yeah I had one amazing experience and I cannot wait to go back. I am trying for next year or the year after that to hike from the Golan Heights to Eilat in about 3 months, and all are invited to join me. Then hopefully after that experience I will convince myself to move on out there for good.

Again you guys have a great country. I a still trying to decompress from it all.

Sep 8, 2007
Are you going to wakl the Israel Road?
It's a road for travel walkers which crosses the whole country.
A beautiful and enjoying trip, I promiss you.
Wow, it sounds like I'm advertising Israel. lol.

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
I knew I would get flack for that. To my defense, I have only been at this for about 4 months (cardistry that is) so I even though I know a bunch of different flourishes, I kind of get locked in the same motions over and over. Its one of the things I am working on. The next defense I have is that I had so many pictures that people took that I wanted to choose the best backgrounds and not necessarily the best flourishes to show off the country. But hey, I got the WERM in there and I also have that Daniel Madison multi-packet display and part of the Jackson Five.

w3rd.

Also, if people like any of the backgrounds please say so and I will get them hosted at full size so you can save them. That is if people want.

-Craig

Jan 31, 2008
I knew I would get flack for that. To my defense, I have only been at this for about 4 months (cardistry that is) so I even though I know a bunch of different flourishes, I kind of get locked in the same motions over and over. Its one of the things I am working on. The next defense I have is that I had so many pictures that people took that I wanted to choose the best backgrounds and not necessarily the best flourishes to show off the country. But hey, I got the WERM in there and I also have that Daniel Madison multi-packet display and part of the Jackson Five.

-Craig

Yeah, my @$$, I'm kidding, of course, BTW the scenery was very nice, although people might be able to enjoy it better if the pix were a lil bit bigger....

Sep 1, 2007
Oy Vey! those picutres made me say "Shalom". there's a bunch of Israeli cardists around the forums, you guys should start a group or something! freakin awesome scenery there.

Sep 8, 2007
lol, a group.
Don't think it will be affective, we're only several on the forums and we live kinda far from each other.
Anyways, a group s kind of a nice idea. I'll maybe post a thread about that sometimes later :)
Regards,
Bar.

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
Yeah, my @$$, I'm kidding, of course, BTW the scenery was very nice, although people might be able to enjoy it better if the pix were a lil bit bigger....

Umm, before I go through the trouble of hosting these images again (i am stealing my internet and it likes to kick me off randomly) have you tried to click on the thumbnails to get the larger pics? If the actual pictures are to small I will gladly take the time to host them again, after all, this is a community. Just curious is all.

-Craig

Sep 1, 2007
you should upload them to photobucket.com, then embed the URLS so that the picture shows up big in the thread, like this:

CIMG3758.jpg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results