Apr 26, 2013
Hey guys, I recently found this copy of "New Modern Coin Magic" at a Half price book store here in Texas, and being a huge coin guy... I HAD TO BUY THIS BOOK AFTER SEEING THE FIRST PAGE!!!

20160807_190036.jpg

IMG_20160807_185926.jpg

Now question is, is it real?

If you can confirm this or know anybody that can, please contact me!

Mar 2, 2016
If you're able to find a 100% definite signature from him on the internet, then turn them upside down and compare them. Your brain will then compare them as pictures instead of letters. This helps because we have a picture of what letters are supposed to look like, so it would be harder to compare.

Other than that advice. I can't help. Sorry.

Reactions: NikkoSuave
Apr 26, 2013
If you're able to find a 100% definite signature from him on the internet, then turn them upside down and compare them. Your brain will then compare them as pictures instead of letters. This helps because we have a picture of what letters are supposed to look like, so it would be harder to compare.

Other than that advice. I can't help. Sorry.
Thanks for the tip, someone shared this with me

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbuckland/3769680073/

what do you think? Looks pretty close to me

Reactions: David Brooke
Mar 2, 2016
They do look pretty close.
Is there any chance you could take a photo of yours again at the same angle as the Flickr one so that it's easier to compare? Just to make sure.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
It does look the same as the other signature. The first Bo, the top of the B is pointed, and the o looks like an a. The last bo in bobo look the same as well. The b's are done the same style and the o's finish the same direction. I'd wager that's legit.

Mar 2, 2016
I just compared them using some computer software.
I can say with around 89% certainty that it is real.
(I compared it with the Flickr image.)

Apr 26, 2013
It does look the same as the other signature. The first Bo, the top of the B is pointed, and the o looks like an a. The last bo in bobo look the same as well. The b's are done the same style and the o's finish the same direction. I'd wager that's legit.

Nice eye, didn't notice some of those before. Thanks :D makes me feel like it's real

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results