Jim Callahan finds Criss Angel an ideological bigot.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Its Funny How Angel Ruined a fellow magicians/mentalists career for making magic.
he called him a fake for doing something impossible live?
Angel's Show is more fake.
what Angel did was disrespectful and made him look bad
That would be like me going to his live show and telling him that he is a fraud because he is flying with strings or something

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Its Funny How Angel Ruined a fellow magicians/mentalists career for making magic.
he called him a fake for doing something impossible live?
Angel's Show is more fake.
what Angel did was disrespectful and made him look bad
That would be like me going to his live show and telling him that he is a fraud because he is flying with strings or something

Let's try this one.

They were both wrong.

Criss shouldn't have pulled a little five year old school girl fit, and yelled and called out Callahan. At the same time, Callahan shouldn't be saying his magic is real, and that he really can speak with the dead.

The difference is that Criss, when questioned about his gift off-performance, will openly admit his stuff is fake. Callahan apparently will say to the grave (ironic...) that his gift is real, and that he is really able to speak with the dead.

The fact that Criss hates frauds, and Callahan states that he isn't a fraud, and is in fact real, caused the tension. They both handled the situation poorly.

End of story.

For those of you who actually read this, remember, the best way to get a thread do die is to stop responding to it. Yea, you may feel the need to add your own idea, or to try and sound special by which is fine, or bashing the poster, which is not fine. It's the very nature of a forum, though. However, if you are gonna post saying the thread is pointless, all you are doing is contributing to keeping the thread alive. Just a thought.

-ThrallMind

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
How would you or cCriss know he is Fake
Have you seen the video
Banacheck & Uri make a pretty good point with all the you cant destroy energy thing
Who is Criss to say that,What makes him an expert
he doesnt know Jim
And Bringing up 911 was disgraceful

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Maybe Criss shouldn't have done that, but if he wants to challenge the man he has energy right to do so.
Cheers!

Not on live TV he doesnt
He should have acted like Pro instead of like he did
He probably had been working with his writters for a long time on that scene
Why did he have those papers with him?
Why only Jim and not Angela
I mean she did some sort of stigmata thing
maybe he was afraid of his Performance
I would have loved to see more oh him
He looked like a really good "entertainer"
Even if it werent real it was still good entertainment
No need to Bash the man and Ruin his chances on the show

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
How would you or cCriss know he is Fake

How would you know he isn't?

Have you seen the video

Many times, sadly.

Banacheck makes a pretty good point with all the you cant destroy energy thing

That's true, but then we have to get into a whole different debate, which I am not going to be getting into with you.

Who is Criss to say that,What makes him an expert

He is an expert in his field of knowledge. Or is the fact that he works with Curque Du Soleil, has his own tv show and his own stage show not enough for you?

he doesnt know Jim

Speculation?

And Bringing up 911 was disgraceful

Extremely. Did I say it wasn't?

As I said, I think they are BOTH wrong. So, you are arguing with me now about who is more wrong, and that's something I am also not going to do with you. Arguing with someone who argues just because they can is a waste of my time.

I'm done with this thread.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Even if it werent real it was still good entertainment

Callahan's performance was the worst on the entire show. Shamelessly chewing the scenery is not good acting.

The funny thing is that if I pulled a stunt to publicly humiliate Sylvia Browne on live national television, you guys would laud me as a hero. But since Criss Angel did it it to a more obscure name, you're calling for his blood.

God I hate magicians.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The funny thing is that if I pulled a stunt to publicly humiliate Sylvia Browne on live national television, you guys would laud me as a hero. But since Criss Angel did it it to a more obscure name, you're calling for his blood.

My opinion is that Jim Callahan said himself his act was for entertainment, and that's it. Sylvia Browne, however, takes advantage of many people using her so called "powers". To me, that's a huuuge difference.

Sep 1, 2007
My opinion is that Jim Callahan said himself his act was for entertainment, and that's it. Sylvia Browne, however, takes advantage of many people using her so called "powers". To me, that's a huuuge difference.

Callahan tried to have it both ways. He said on national television, "I'm a skeptic, but I'll let the audience make up their minds."

No real skeptic would say that. Skeptics are empiricists who demand to be proven wrong with concrete evidence and scientific data. They want you to hit them with your best shot. They don't immediately accuse their critics of being "intellectual bigots", talking about their fashion sense as if that had anything to do with anything.

You play with the devil, you get burned.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Psychic Uri Geller and Criss Angel in the 911 Challenge

Magician Criss Angel promised psychic Uri Geller a million bucks on the finale of NBC's nationally televised "Phenomenon" if Geller could say what was in a sealed envelope.
Instead of "9 1 1," say we write "key car car." If Uri Geller is able to say, "car keychain car" within eighteen seconds, we would be scientifically prejudiced to deny he got the answer.

On European computers, the month comes after the day. So 911 would be 119 (eleven nine) or "one nineteen" which is what Uri Geller said to Criss Angel. Uri lives in Europe.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hjW1ZHaU4xE

This video is with a scientific display of a graph of the words spoken by Uri Geller.

Criss was also wrong when he said if a psychic could have predicted 911, it may have been prevented. It was predicted, as the shocking links below clearly prove:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/11/WTC_OdigoWarning2.html

http://www.themodernreligion.com/terror/wtc-sms.html

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/13820.html

Every psychic in the world had a premonition about it, but the US government just would not listen. Someone should set Criss and others straight on the matter because they are misinformed and therefore biased.

This is just a paste

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
First of all, despite my thoughts and feeling about Criss Angel, I fully back him up 100% about what he did on Phenomenon regarding Jim Callahan's performance. In the 70s, Uri Geller was claiming to be the real thing. He was saying that scientists did tests on him saying that he is the real thing. Well if anyone has truly done their research, then they will know about Project Alpha. James Randi, Steve Shaw, and Michael Edwards went to Washington University to have their "psychic abilities" tested. The game was to take it as far as they can until they were asked how they got their abilities, at which point Banachek and Michael Edwards were to admit that what they did was all magic tricks and sleight of hand. If two people can fool university scientists that they were the real thing, surely someone else can. That's exactly what Uri did.

Now in the 70s, Uri Geller was world famous for his spoon and key bending. Sure you can say he was a magician. However he didn't use the title of magician. He said he was a genuine psychic and had mental abilities to read minds, predict the future, and bend metal. And Mr. Randi was brave enough to challenge Uri (and many other frauds) regarding his abilities.

*ZOOM* Fast forward to Phenomenon

What Jim Callahan did was say that he is truly a medium. He said he can really talk to the dead. There's even a crazy ad on his website, and I quote:

Jim Callahan is seeking individuals who desire employment after death.

I am looking for individuals who would like to participate in my shows and experiments after their deaths. You will be compensated for your participation and time. Find out more here.

$1,000,000.00 Will Be Paid
Look Here

Crazy isn't it? Now this is a claim that he can really communicate with the dead. And Angel simply challenged that. If someone came up to you and said he can talk to your dead relatives, surely you'd want him to do so (and no, cold reading doesn't count).

As for Uri and the envelope, sure he was beating around the bush (I'm 19 years older than you, our birthdays are one day apart, blah blah blah), but if he really knew what was in the envelope then why didn't he just say the damn number? Why did he have to resort to cold reading? Sure Jim and Uri are great performers (better than Criss Angel definitely), but to claim yourself as the real thing when you aren't just makes them charlatans (or frauds, phonies, whatever you want to call them). They are performers and nothing more.

But what about us? Aren't we as magicians frauds and phonies as well? Well sure, but do you really go around saying that you have REAL magic powers? Or do you say that you do sleight of hand and illusions? Just some things to think about.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
This thread need's to be closed.

This thread has went from gathering opinions on the way two professional's acted (for what it's worth, my opinion- they both acted ridiculously), to being a debate on the possibilities of psychical ability or some kind of debate on whether certain individuals can indeed communicate with the afterlife.
This is sick, to be discussing thius on a magic forum. I'm sorry, but as far as i'm concerned, Criss shouyldn't have acted the way he did, no, it was apalling, but i cannot deny, i certainly agree with him. If he had communicated his issues in a more private, more appropriate setting, he would have been in the right.

This whole thing does NOT need to be discussed on a magic site, i'm sorry, but it's true.

All I will say (because I very much doubt that one voice of reason will diffuse this), supposedly accurate predictions are not watertight proof of pyschic ability. I could say 'I will be ran over today, maybe by a bus'. If it happens, am I psychic? preposterous.

This exa,ple may be on a (far) smaller scale than the examples that have been used thus far in this thread, but it stands.

CL

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Well first of All Jim Never Said That He Was A Real Physic
His performance was Really good and Impossible
Criss Acted Immature and he wears 16 year Old emo Clothing
Uri should claim the cash because he did say 911 even though it wasnt in one phrase ect. Angel never said it had to be

And Here is This from Jim's Web Site

"I am asking those who read this site to remember I am an entertainer, artist & researcher.

Please do not get carried away when viewing and interacting with my work. It is to be an entertaining, surreal diversion.

I am not a psychic nor a medium. I am a Paranormalist.
You are in control of what you believe and do with your life.
Just as I am.
Have fun and enjoy yourselves........Jim"

Criss Angel Is Pathetic
He Claims To be A MindFreak
Read the description in the beginning of the Show
He walks on water
Turns water to beer(could have been Wine)
Levitates
Comes back from the dead
Something similar to turning bread to fish
He talks to the death
And he is bashing a fellow magician on live TV for "claiming"(he doesn't) to be real

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Magician Criss Angel promised psychic Uri Geller a million bucks on the finale of NBC's nationally televised "Phenomenon" if Geller could say what was in a sealed envelope.
Instead of "9 1 1," say we write "key car car." If Uri Geller is able to say, "car keychain car" within eighteen seconds, we would be scientifically prejudiced to deny he got the answer.

On European computers, the month comes after the day. So 911 would be 119 (eleven nine) or "one nineteen" which is what Uri Geller said to Criss Angel. Uri lives in Europe.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hjW1ZHaU4xE

This video is with a scientific display of a graph of the words spoken by Uri Geller.

Criss was also wrong when he said if a psychic could have predicted 911, it may have been prevented. It was predicted, as the shocking links below clearly prove:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/11/WTC_OdigoWarning2.html

http://www.themodernreligion.com/terror/wtc-sms.html

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/13820.html

Every psychic in the world had a premonition about it, but the US government just would not listen. Someone should set Criss and others straight on the matter because they are misinformed and therefore biased.
That is quite a stretch. If anyone wants to translate that garbled mess as Gellar genuinely predicting what was inside the envelope, feel free. How come he couldn't just say, "911 is what is written inside the envelope Criss"? Wouldn't a statement like that give psychics and paranormalists worldwide complete credibility? After watching that video I can conclude that Angel owes Gellar nothing.

Further, saying "every psychic in the world had a premonition about [911]" based on a single report of some emails -- which we aren't certain even came from a psychic -- is ludicrous. That's like saying every NFL star is a killer (allegedly) based on the OJ Simpson incident. If psychics can genuinely predict the future, how come they didn't predict 911 or the tsunami or Hurricane Katrina destroying New Orleans? I don't mean a vague prediction that could be translated to mean literally anything, but rather a solid, simple statement that says clearly "[Major Catastrophe] will happen on [Date] at [Time]"? They can communicate with the deceased for pure entertainment, but will allow countless others to die in major catastrophes. I don't think any genuine psychic with morals would allow something like that to happen.

That said, we will allow this thread to remain open under the assumption that all will remain respectful and courteous toward one another. Absolutely nothing wrong with a lively discussion as long as all are being professional and respectful. Thanks guys!

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
In all fairness that was just a paste I did

BAck On Topic
HEar what Jim Had to say about criss Angel
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SkmBFqSWJSk

I totally agree with him
You keep referring to Jim Callahan as if he were a magician. We're not talking about a fellow magician or mentalist here (Criss Angel had nothing terrible to say about Guy Bavli). We're talking about someone who claims to be able to genuinely communicate with the dead. You say he's never made any claims, yet he plans on pursuing Randi's challenge? That doesn't add up.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
You keep referring to Jim Callahan as if he were a magician. We're not talking about a fellow magician or mentalist here (Criss Angel had nothing terrible to say about Guy Bavli). We're talking about someone who claims to be able to genuinely communicate with the dead. You say he's never made any claims, yet he plans on pursuing Randi's challenge? That doesn't add up.

"I am asking those who read this site to remember I am an entertainer, artist & researcher.

Please do not get carried away when viewing and interacting with my work. It is to be an entertaining, surreal diversion.

I am not a psychic nor a medium. I am a Paranormalist.
You are in control of what you believe and do with your life.
Just as I am.
Have fun and enjoy yourselves........Jim"

And this is on the bottom of the site you gave

"©2006 Applied Thought Technologies LLC and Jim Callahan
This site products and presentations are presented for purely entertainment, educational and artistic purposes. This statement is true in reference to all sites in this domain. This is an art entertainment product and should be viewed and used as such."

In the end he is just a magician in character
Would you do one of those mentalist acts and tell the audience
"im not a real mentalist I just want to fool everyone here to think I am"
The job of a mentalist or magician is to make the audience believe that what they are seeing is real
Specially in mentalist,I'm no mentalist but I read a couple of books
Luke said something important I just cant remember what it was I think definition=creation
If you tell the audience I'm going to talk to this dead man then they will believe
If you say i am going to try or I will talk....but its all fake so...
There wont be no effect or not as great as making them believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results