Just got the Trilogy

Jan 27, 2008
Ok... i just got my trilogy... got it from a local contest in my local magic store...

but all i know about flourising is from 4jacks... ( the youtube guy... i liked his tutorials acctually)

but how do i learn from it... is there a ritual or basically braking down the movement??? does anybody knows a nice learning technique???

Be sure to watch the video many times to ensure you have the correct technique. It may seem daunting at first, but if you stick at it you shall definitely get there (as with everything). An import thing to mention as well is to never cut corners - don't think that by mis-learning and making a technique easier for you will be the best option. It certainly won't. Sooner or later you shall find yourself in a position where this technique is challenged, and you will be forced to either not learn the move or re-learn the original and correct method. This can be time-consuming and also very annoying - nothing's worse than breaking a habit!

But, perhaps the most important thing I can say is - always have fun.

Jordan

Ok... i just got my trilogy... got it from a local contest in my local magic store...

but all i know about flourising is from 4jacks... ( the youtube guy... i liked his tutorials acctually)

but how do i learn from it... is there a ritual or basically braking down the movement??? does anybody knows a nice learning technique???

I dont know I never learn from youtube. Glad you went the other way with one and actually paying to learn someones material.

I would break down the learning by flourishes first and tricks second. Get the techniques down first.

Shane

Aug 31, 2007
I dont know I never learn from youtube. Glad you went the other way with one and actually paying to learn someones material.

What's wrong with Youtube for flourishes? Because not everyone is focused on making money, they want to share their flourishes to the cardistry world. Hell, have you seen the media section of this site? It's all free tutorials.

I can't believe you think you have to pay to see someone else's material. Maybe we're not you, but selling our stuff isn't our first priority.

BTW 4jacks is great and teaches the basics of flourishing.

http://youtube.com/user/4jacksFort

What's wrong with Youtube for flourishes? Because not everyone is focused on making money, they want to share their flourishes to the cardistry world. Hell, have you seen the media section of this site? It's all free tutorials.

I can't believe you think you have to pay to see someone else's material. Maybe we're not you, but selling our stuff isn't our first priority.

BTW 4jacks is great and teaches the basics of flourishing.

http://youtube.com/user/4jacksFort

I think he was talking about the noobs that make ****y tutorials. Like there tutorials for there super duper cut.( No offence Daryl)

Aug 31, 2007
I think he was talking about the noobs that make ****y tutorials. Like there tutorials for there super duper cut.( No offence Daryl)

So what? Is he implying they should sell their cuts?

Of course there's junk on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what? Is he implying they should sell their cuts?

Of course there's stuff on Youtube.

Cool your jets Dummy,...I was saying that due to the fact that if your going to perform a flourish of someone else its better they understand the original mechanics of the flourish to be able to correctly execute it correctly. I have seen times where someone learns the mechanics wrong and when they try to blend the cuts smoothly it just doesn't happen and it ends up looking choppy. Better mechanics makes for better flourishing. I think you need a valium or midol or something you just went off the deep end without even taking a breath there. I dont give a sh@# about money over skill.

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Shane I understand what you are saying, I think. Are you saying that it is good that he actually bought the dvd rather than learning the material on the dvd from youtube? Becuase if so I totally support you there.

Jan 27, 2008
no what i was saying is that i was learning some very basic stuff from 4jacks since he was mensioned in the "What is cardistry" Post.... i mean leke very basic stuff like charlier cuts, thumb fan, etc

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results