Just Made Some Purchases...

Hey,

I just spent about two hundred and forty bucks on magic supplies, as most of the stuff I do, will obviously still be practiced, but I needed some new material. Well, actually, I am leaving for a vactation to Washington DC on Thursday. I will be going to the White House (Yes, I'll g inside. My grandmother has connections.) Also going to the Holocaust Mueseam, as well as The Spy Museam, and Arlington National Cemetary to see the changing of the guards. The whole she bang. But, when I get back on Wednesday the first, I have one night to sleep, and then I have to get up in the morning and go to the...Oral Surgeon YAY!!!!! I am getting all four wisdom teeth removed. Yeah I know, it's weird that I am getting them removed at age fifteen but the surgeon said they are as fully grown as a thrty year olds.

OH!!! Little tidbit here, they are knocking me out with an injection of some kind. Then when I wake up they will have me take percs. The combination of those will mess me up. My friend will be video taping me after and asking me all sorts of crazy questions like: "Did you see that monkey in the waiting room???" And then he'll argue with me. That'll go on Youtube. I'll post a link next week so you can all see me messed up.

So anyway, after the "extraction" I have to chill for like five days. So I won't be working until the seventh. Anyway, my packages of magic goodies will arrive at some point when I am in DC. That means, when I finally come to my senses after the surgery and am sitting at home for a few days, I will be able to watch all my DVD's. Here is what I got:

From Theory11:

3 Red Split Spades
3 Black Split Spades
Joel Paschal's: Believe

From Ellusonist:

6 Ghost Decks
1 Porper Card Clip (Finally!)
Wayne Houchin's: Art Of Magic
Nate Kranzo's: Loops Vol. 1
5 Loops
David Stone's: The Ral Secrets of Magic Vol. 1
David Stone's: The Ral Secrets of Magic Vol. 2

What do you think,
Dylan P.

PS: Does anyone know if there are any magic shops in Washington DC or around DC??? Or are there any Magic Shops near Jackson new Jersey.

May 31, 2008
Hey,

I just spent about two hundred and forty bucks on magic supplies, as most of the stuff I do, will obviously still be practiced, but I needed some new material. Well, actually, I am leaving for a vactation to Washington DC on Thursday. I will be going to the White House (Yes, I'll g inside. My grandmother has connections.) Also going to the Holocaust Mueseam, as well as The Spy Museam, and Arlington National Cemetary to see the changing of the guards. The whole she bang. But, when I get back on Wednesday the first, I have one night to sleep, and then I have to get up in the morning and go to the...Oral Surgeon YAY!!!!! I am getting all four wisdom teeth removed. Yeah I know, it's weird that I am getting them removed at age fifteen but the surgeon said they are as fully grown as a thrty year olds.

OH!!! Little tidbit here, they are knocking me out with an injection of some kind. Then when I wake up they will have me take percs. The combination of those will mess me up. My friend will be video taping me after and asking me all sorts of crazy questions like: "Did you see that monkey in the waiting room???" And then he'll argue with me. That'll go on Youtube. I'll post a link next week so you can all see me messed up.

So anyway, after the "extraction" I have to chill for like five days. So I won't be working until the seventh. Anyway, my packages of magic goodies will arrive at some point when I am in DC. That means, when I finally come to my senses after the surgery and am sitting at home for a few days, I will be able to watch all my DVD's. Here is what I got:

From Theory11:

3 Red Split Spades
3 Black Split Spades
Joel Paschal's: Believe

From Ellusonist:

6 Ghost Decks
1 Porper Card Clip (Finally!)
Wayne Houchin's: Art Of Magic
Nate Kranzo's: Loops Vol. 1
5 Loops
David Stone's: The Ral Secrets of Magic Vol. 1
David Stone's: The Ral Secrets of Magic Vol. 2

What do you think,
Dylan P.

PS: Does anyone know if there are any magic shops in Washington DC or around DC??? Or are there any Magic Shops near Jackson new Jersey.

You made some good purchases, except for the Ghost Decks. In my opinion they're sort of a waste of money. I've never liked loops either, but that's just a personal opinion, not really my style.

About BeLIEve, I actually purchased the download yesterday. It's an awesome effect, just know that Joel sort of over-complicated the method up until the change. He used a few unnecessary sleights that look good, but are sort of challenging and don't really serve purpose. Still a great effect.

Almost forgot, ART OF MAGIC ROCKS!!!!!!!! Great purchase, you will love it.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Dylan,

I hope your surgery goes well, and I look forward to the video :p

Good choice with the SplitSpades and Believe. Split Spades are amazing cards, and last very long. Believe is a great impromptu worker. I think a Porper Clip is a must-have for someone who is working, like me or you. Loops will also be a lot of fun to play around with. Art of Magic is a great DVD, but the interviews will also be very insightful and entertaining.

Good luck!

Hope all goes well,

-Sanj

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
all i can say is your gonna love Art of Magic, its got some good stuff. also i love David Stone's work. its real practical work horse tricks and i love them and use them daily. definitely check those out thoroughly. also, you might wanna consider more than one porper. i own two, one for deck rejuvenation and one for carrying around

Jul 8, 2008
hahah, it's funny you should mention Jackson New Jersey cuz I live in that little ghost town hahha. Are you visiting or do you live here or moving here or something??? There is a place that really isn't a magic shop, but it's called Magical Enterprises.

Ghost Decks are the only cards I get from E.

Already owned Dvaids Stones Vol 1. But my friend moved away with it by mistake.

I think I'll like the other stuff.

I will just use alternate moves for Paschalls stuff.

Going to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.

Sep 9, 2007
Can't speak for most of the stuff on there except the split spades, they're nice. Ghosts are nice, but I like the black ghosts better. Still though most of the time I rock blue-blacked bikes or black-backed tallys...

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
If this is your first time using loops then be careful. You will probably break the ones you ordered, which is why it's much better to learn to tie them yourself. I love loops and have loved using them. When I first started with them I would break sooo many and tieing them was very frustrating. I'm getting a lot better now, a loop can last me anywhere from 1 week to 1 month and tieing them is a breeze now, I fill all my loops cards (15 loops) in about an hour now.

Just saying this so that you know, if you (or anyone really) have any questions at all regarding loops or IET them feel free to ask me.

I highly suggest making your own loops, the premade ones are much too expensive and you will mostly likely break or lose them.

EDIT: Nathan Kranzo does give good tips for loops care (I.E. stretching them before use) and with the tips you may be able to make them last a bit longer... but they will eventually break or get lost, so be wary and learn to tie your own

Remember this is all just in case you fall in love with loops, like I did. The ones you will get will be enough to know if you like them or not.
Okay... that's about it. PM me if you want to know more about anything.

more EDIT: I actually have a free PDF entitled "Everything I wish I had known about loops and IET" in the works, keep an eye out for that. Focuses not on effects, but instead every single little detail about loops care, management and tieing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you are going to love that moment wen you get to chill out(while being fully conscious), put AOM in the dvd player and watch those interviews intertwined with Wayne performing some very entertaining magic. I have watched it several times already and still love it. Good job on the David Stone purchase, I love his magic. And also good job on the clip, I too went for years adding the clip to cart only to take it out in favor of a few more decks or something, I use mine daily and it has been the best purchase I ever made magic wise. Loops are awesome, but you will find they have their limits, however they have got me some of the strongest reactions.

If your friend does magic, get him to show you his best tricks when your out of your head, it may be a chance to actually get fooled like a spectator again.

I envy your trip to DC. It is my favorite place to visit.

Jun 8, 2009
Do oral surgeon can say anything he likes. Do those wisdom teeth hurt you at all or affect your other teeth in way you actually notice? If you answered no to that last question, I wouldn't waste time and money on that surgeon.

I still have all my teeth thank you very much and unless they start to rot, no one's gonna take them out.

The only thing I am going to say that the individual LOOPS aren't worth it.

At least not for me, anyway.

You should buy elastic thread and make your own.

Saves a lot of money.

But other than that, I don't see anything wrong with the rest of your purchases.

Ghost Deck = SEXXXI.

;D

If this is your first time using loops then be careful. You will probably break the ones you ordered, which is why it's much better to learn to tie them yourself. I love loops and have loved using them. When I first started with them I would break sooo many and tieing them was very frustrating. I'm getting a lot better now, a loop can last me anywhere from 1 week to 1 month and tieing them is a breeze now, I fill all my loops cards (15 loops) in about an hour now.

Just saying this so that you know, if you (or anyone really) have any questions at all regarding loops or IET them feel free to ask me.

I highly suggest making your own loops, the premade ones are much too expensive and you will mostly likely break or lose them.

EDIT: Nathan Kranzo does give good tips for loops care (I.E. stretching them before use) and with the tips you may be able to make them last a bit longer... but they will eventually break or get lost, so be wary and learn to tie your own

Remember this is all just in case you fall in love with loops, like I did. The ones you will get will be enough to know if you like them or not.
Okay... that's about it. PM me if you want to know more about anything.

more EDIT: I actually have a free PDF entitled "Everything I wish I had known about loops and IET" in the works, keep an eye out for that. Focuses not on effects, but instead every single little detail about loops care, management and tieing.

Can you give me a link to elastic thread. Also, where can I learn how to tie loops.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Can you give me a link to elastic thread. Also, where can I learn how to tie loops.

INfinity thread is the best I've used. I'm, lucky I bought the giant six mile spool while it still was for sale, but you can get it in smaller quantities still http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/infinity-thread-v2-invisible-elastic-thread-p-9771.html.
Look around you'll find that everyone agrees infinity is the best IET out there.

I tie loops with the million dollar knot, as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results