Keep this stuff OFF YouTube.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's always worth a shot though...

O ya, I just don't want new comming magicians taking this site as joke and maybe by adding that kids will think "Wow, they even have a disclaimer. But hell, rules are mean't to be broken".

For example, Penguin magic looks like a toddlers magic store and in my opinion, you can't have a serious and ethical discussion in the forums and the tricks, don't get me started.

Sep 1, 2007
O ya, I just don't want new comming magicians taking this site as joke and maybe by adding that kids will think "Wow, they even have a disclaimer. But hell, rules are mean't to be broken".

For example, Penguin magic looks like a toddlers magic store and in my opinion, you can't have a serious and ethical discussion in the forums and the tricks, don't get me started.

Yeah, Surprised they got Luke Jermay and Sankey aboard. Rather upsetting actually but what you going to do. Maybe Theory 11 crew could convince Luke to come over to this site or something.

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, we need Luke and then our journey to the dark side will be complete.

sorry, just had to.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah, Surprised they got Luke Jermay and Sankey aboard. Rather upsetting actually but what you going to do. Maybe Theory 11 crew could convince Luke to come over to this site or something.

I think theory11 has all the guys they need. But you never know, theory 11 could get Luke Jermay and bring him to the older and more mature side of magic.

Sep 1, 2007
I think theory11 has all the guys they need. But you never know, theory 11 could get Luke Jermay and bring him to the older and more mature side of magic.

I agree with the Theory 11 statement having enough people. I was just thinking I'd love to see a trick created by a bunch of magicians, but combining card skills, different or callaborated ideas and Lukes interesting "Skullduggery Psychology" if you will. Just thought that'd be awesome. And I think he would liek the more mature side mcuh more.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I agree with the Theory 11 statement having enough people. I was just thinking I'd love to see a trick created by a bunch of magicians, but combining card skills, different or callaborated ideas and Lukes interesting "Skullduggery Psychology" if you will. Just thought that'd be awesome. And I think he would liek the more mature side mcuh more.

Penguin must be paying him good to stay in that **** place.

P.S. Mr. X your liek the first person I have actualy met on the forums, you reply to almost all my replys so I have really kind of gottin to know you in a strange kind of way.

Sep 1, 2007
Penguin must be paying him good to stay in that **** place.

P.S. Mr. X your like the first person I have actualy met on the forums, you reply to almost all my replys so I have really kind of gottin to know you in a strange kind of way.

Good idea, never thought what they must be paying him to stay there. Everytime he finishes filming for something he probably books it to the car to get away from the ameatuers.

And same here...and yes in an odd way.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good idea, never thought what they must be paying him to stay there. Everytime he finishes filming for something he probably books it to the car to get away from the ameatuers.

And same here...and yes in an odd way.

HA, I know I would if I was with him.

P.S. Add me on your friends list, I dont know if it really matters but heh.

Sep 1, 2007
Luke needs to come here, so then we can have an ungimmicked version of distortion! Seriously, I bet he, or Derren Brown, could do something like that. Those two are mind-blowing (no pun intended)

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
Performing and posting effects on videos open to the public increases the number of people who know of it, magicians and non-magicians alike. This increases the "I have seen that!" reaction PLUS alot of smart people out there can figure them out if they watch it again and again. I think the best way to preserve magic is to perform it live.
I know there are people out there who post videos to get comments from other magicians. My suggestion is to post it somewhere only other magicians can see. Like the previous posts said, keep it off youtube.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I totally agree with not putting these up on youtube etc, why not use them for the specs and let these remain a mystery to the masses.

Sep 1, 2007
Metacafe is much worse than youtube though. Number of people posting magic videos because they want feedback and want to show people their cardistry skills: zilch.

Sep 1, 2007
With metacafe's receantly introduced "producer reward" even more people are jumping on the wagon to get their videos out and make some quick $.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results