Keeping the Distortion gimmick alive

Dec 8, 2007
Hi guys,

I recieved my copy of Distortion 3 days ago. It's a great trick, a very impressive effect, and the reactions of people are the best (well, that means: my parents like it xD Still haven't got time to show it to other people...)

There is only one little problem... The thing is, my gimmick, that came with the explanation DVD, was already a bit damaged when I got it: it had a groove on the back of the card when I got it (the thing Wayne warns us for, not to use your fingernail to do the change), you know where I mean when you own Distortion. Due to that groove on the back, there is also a little convex on the front of the card.
The change also can't happen very smoothly, but I think that's normal for the gimmick. I made the change from the 4 to the 6 of diamonds very carefully every time I used it, but the groove didn't got better doing so... :(

Of course I can hide it by placing my thumb on it on the front, and my index finger hides it on the back, so the audience woudn't notice it... But is this not a danger for my gimmick? Can that croove ruin my gimmick?

And the second thing, if I can get a new gimmick (I hope this problem is included for guarantee), can I keep this old one? Couse I don't want to wait another 3 months before doing this trick for my friends ^^

And finally: Can you guys please give me some hints to prevent getting the groove deeper into the card or even better: make it go away?

Cheers,

Morphweasel

Dec 8, 2007
That's not exactly what I meant... hehe...
But the Penguin gimmick is more expensive though...

Anyway, can someone please help me with the groove-in-the-back problem?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Distortion gimmicks are available for $10 if you provide your order ID #. Simply submit a support ticket here.

I've never heard of anyone having such a problem with their gimmick, if you would like, feel free to PM me about it (I own Distortion) so that we could avoid any inadvertant exposure.

Hope that helped!

Dec 8, 2007

I already submitted a support ticket to T11. Hopefully they will reply quick...
I will PM you the exact problem.... ^^

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results