Laid Back Awesomeness :: Voting Open

Nov 17, 2007
Sorry Adjones. But Zach is by far the better flourisher. But I did like his waterfall setting.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
Nice vids. I will begin this critique with.....

zachmonky, I found your king production flourishes very smooth. The only thing I thought could have been smoother was your performance of twisted rain. It's more about your movement with the cards as opposed to the the movement of the cards.

adjones, I found several of your flourishes to lack the "laid back" feeling you were trying to convey, primarily because the moves you chose involved the cards to be in the air. Your movements to catch the cards were too quick which lost some of the laid back feeling.

You both did a great job, but zachmonky got my vote.

Aug 31, 2007
Thanks for the comments guys.

Nice vids. I will begin this critique with.....

zachmonky, I found your king production flourishes very smooth. The only thing I thought could have been smoother was your performance of twisted rain. It's more about your movement with the cards as opposed to the the movement of the cards.

adjones, I found several of your flourishes to lack the "laid back" feeling you were trying to convey, primarily because the moves you chose involved the cards to be in the air. Your movements to catch the cards were too quick which lost some of the laid back feeling.

You both did a great job, but zachmonky got my vote.

Thanks, i will deffinately work on twisted rain more smooth, and with bigger body motions.

Adjones,

I loved waterfall thing, i wanted to see more of you playing around with the surroundings.

at some point i need to shoot a video of springing cards while cannon balling into a pool, and play it backwards. Maybe next time :)

Sep 1, 2007
How the hell did you get your clipshift that good that fast? Didn't you like just get it? Did you have your own method before you got Surfaced or something?

Aug 31, 2007
How the hell did you get your clipshift that good that fast? Didn't you like just get it? Did you have your own method before you got Surfaced or something?

I got it on wednesday.

I've been practicing like CRAZY, and that was probably the 15th take :D

May 6, 2008
Egypt
i voted for you zack, and how many hours of practice did u put in learning the clipshift, because i just got it yesterday and find the move really hard

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Considering I have NO flourishing resources, I was pretty proud of myself. But Zach definitely owned me. Good job, Zach!

May 18, 2008
Zach, you had me believing that you can do anything. Seriously. You, in just a little while, got down Clipshift, you, invented the most mindboggling and clever routine I have seen in a long time for Penguinites Reunite, you are an excellent XCMer, and you piss me off because you are so much better than me. Still, I have asked before but I forgot what you answered, how old are you? Your skill surpasses that of a lot of proffesionals I know. Good job!

Drew... Yours was very good. I liked the choice of music, I liked the backround, but I do question the wisdom of taking it that far away. I found that, coupled with it in black and white made for a challenging position to see what happened. Yours was far more laid back than Zach's, and for a person with no XCM resources, you did very well.

Now, my vote went to Zach. I feel that Zach put on a better overall performance. Drew, yours was good, but if you don't have any resources, your not in the same league as Zach. I don't believe this is a fair way to compare, but Zach and yours were both laid back awesomeness.

BTW: Zach, I would like very much to battle you. I want you to come up with a battle and challenge me. I know I will probbably loose, but I really want to face you.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I just want to do a magic battle sometime- because I absolutely suck at flourishing. That's right, I said it. Now let everyone agree with me! :)

Like I've said on other forums- I didn't necessarily go in this to win, because I knew that Zach was better than me, but my goal was to judge my skill and have fun- which I did.

So even though I got owned, it was still fun! :)

Jul 19, 2008
Hey great job Zach! I am totally voting for you.
Compared to a few months ago when you showed me your XCM at the Magic Apple, you totally improved! Great job and keep up the good work!!

Benjamin Dove

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results