Le Paul Spread shape...

Ok. as some of you probably know I asked about the lepaul spread before, and it's starting to improve.

My question is: how does one shape a U lepaul spread? My U lepaul spreads don't have the right shape IMO. Does anyone have any tips for "aiming" your lepaul?

(2 pic of my current lepaul is attached. And don't worry, I practice more than I read threads on the internet.
Any other tips on my lepaul would be appreciated)

~jazzhands1

(and yes the second pic is sleightly blurry)

Attachments

• DSCN0026.jpg
    DSCN0026.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 151
As you spread with your thumb outwards you tip your right wrist to the right, and tip your left wrist to the left, and it makes it a U shape. If you have the Trilogy, you learn the S shape, then you just don't do the bottom of the S.

It's pretty easy just to play around with it once you have the LePaul spread really smooth, yours is still rather rough, and you're only spreading around the top 1/3 of the deck, so I'd suggest you just keep at it, as you build the muscles in that part of your hand it comes much easier, everyones LePaul looks crappy as they start out.

Sep 1, 2007
when I try this move it just looks like someone dropped a deck in my hands and I tried to catch it but failed.

I actually prefered old, but rested, decks for practicing lepaul, they aren't as stiff as new decks which is nice on the hands, but they arent all clumpy like well loved decks that haven't been sitting around a while.

Jan 22, 2019
a great deck for this is actually a new slightly broken in theory 11 high Victorian deck it works really well

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results