LEGEND: A Ghost Story... Fearson's Latest

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Before anyone thinks that I'm in any way involved in this project with Fearson, I will say that I know no more about this product than you do.

Anways, I found this on eMagic Supply... it sounds quite incredible, if the effect looks like the ad copy reads. It's some sort of new levitation/animation product, sounds impossible. Take a look.

http://emagicsupply.com/112-LEGEND-82-custom.html

Thoughts?

Michael

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
The effect sounds very interesting, but overall I dont think I will pick this up due to speculations I have heard about mr. Fearson because of someone I know who used to be good friends with him, an how he isnt all he is cracked up to be. But it may sound contradiciting,but I give him props for coming this far, jus expressing my opinion.

Jun 8, 2009
I dont think I will pick this up due to speculations I have heard about mr. Fearson because of someone I know who used to be good friends with him, an how he isnt all he is cracked up to be.
I don't know why they're no longer good friends, but if they no longer are, that could be a reason why your acquaintance thinks of him like that. I wouldn't take his opinion at face value exactly because it is likely biased. Instead I'll wait for some reviews.

Jan 19, 2008
Well i was excited to see a demo! Then i watched it and started screaming at my computer. I hate these teaser vids...i mean i love them when they show like even 1 second of the effect just to get you pumped. This was like watching a video of text....boring and 1 min wasted. I hope the real effect is good.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Considering it uses no threads, wires, or magnets, I'd say that's pretty darn impressive... but like I said, this is only the first few seconds of the effect. Fearson just contacted me with more information to post here. Here it is, directly copied and pasted from his email:

There's a ghost story told about a Mexican gambler named Poncho
Diablo. Without going into details, the story is believable and
intriguing. The legend says that when you hold a deck and say his
name 3 times he will appear. They say his name 3 times and the deck
moves while they are holding it down like you see in the video. It
moves a couple inches, creeping out from under their hand while they
press on it. It's a really strong force, feels really creepy.

The second phase, the deck is stood on end and they press down on the
top of it. It rises straight up, out of the cellophane. pushes very
hard against their finger, the effect feels and looks like the ghost
is trapped inside the cellophane of the box... or like strong air
pressure building up.

You can remove the deck from the box and then do it again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results