"Let me see that card!"

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Whenever you finish a double lift or a suspicious color change, what do you do when the spectator asks you to give them the double lift or, if you did a KM Move, to give them a certain card. The old "let me see" trick. What do you do?

Ian

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I don't have a set response, depends on the situation. KM move is a good option. Perfectly fine to just give them the card.

Most important thing is to think about what you did wrong afterwards, though.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I guess my patter and effects don't even really give them a chance to want to see the card. They are being "entertained" - not fooled, and they like the "entertainment" and could care less about "how" I am accomplishing what I am. That is just me though. Some of you will have different opinions.

Sep 20, 2009
I guess my patter and effects don't even really give them a chance to want to see the card. They are being "entertained" - not fooled, and they like the "entertainment" and could care less about "how" I am accomplishing what I am. That is just me though. Some of you will have different opinions.

i must concur with you kind sir

Sep 16, 2008
I would say something really funny, so everyone would forget about the deck.

And what does KM stands for again ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Could a double backer help? or are they asking to see a card that isn't theirs?

audience and script management could help cure this, unless you just have that one jerk who hates magic. That's a totally different topic though

Feb 28, 2008
KM move is great when the people are friendly enough, but if the person is annoying has been bugging me, I usually do a vanish, usually a clipshift, and then just walkaway.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Cop it. If you have a double in your hand and your deck is else where, cop the dirty card and hand out single card clean, and with the dirty hand, reach for the deck to clean up. If you have deck in your hand as well, KM move and if they are still suspicious, I guess you can pass it.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
They are on to you! Spring the cards in their face and run!

If I ever get someone who knows about a DL or suspects that's what I did, I go into my ambitious card routine. It only uses two DL's and conditions them to think there is none. This actually happened to me the other day at my last show. The guy said "hey nice cupping" I said "cupping?" he replied "ya, it's when you have two cards as one" Oh," I replied, "I'm not sure if you saw that right then, let me show you again..." then I went into the Ambitious card.

Sep 4, 2009
I have his problem sometimes and there are certain thins i do in differnt situations

I either just don't give them the card to hold, and put it on the table insted. then ill tell thme to put their hand on top. Thats if they try to sneek in a peek, becasue then it's harder for them to try and look at the card.

If they ask to se the card and i wasn't prepared would say "oh, come on you really don't trust me?" as i take the card back, put it back on top of the deck adn do the double aain.

If i know there probably going to ask that from past experience with that person, i'll do the double, then confrim with them that's the card i'm putting in their hand by saing "Ok, your card the three of spades, right?"..."yes...'Okay, so the three is without doubt going into your hand," and i slowly turn the card over and put it in their hand.

Or, if i'm positive they will ask, ill actually putt that card in their hand. They will ask to see it, then you look annoyed. say "dude come on, don't ruin the trick, but yes this one time, look at it. My god..." take the card back (do a body flip over for the top card) put it on top and do the doble. They won't ask to see it again.

Dec 18, 2009
Cop it. If you have a double in your hand and your deck is else where, cop the dirty card and hand out single card clean, and with the dirty hand, reach for the deck to clean up. If you have deck in your hand as well, KM move and if they are still suspicious, I guess you can pass it.

I agree. Palm the card. Or do kind of like a cardini change except face down to ditch the dirty card and then do a clipshift or one hand pass to return the dirty card to the top.

Or you could just casually place it face up on the deck and peel off just their card (while the rest of the deck is face down apart from the other card in the DL) without showing them the card below is also face up then you can take it off them and place it back on top and turn the two over and it's back where you started (second from the top).

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
Whenever I do a change or other move that leaves me in a double lift, I do a Paintbrush change. If you do it with a double lift, you should be able to ditch the double and hand out the card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results