Lets do something about it or stop complaining

Sep 1, 2007
useless...why?

I dont think its a bad idea, i just think that is not going to work as good as you think, and you just focus on youtube, but youtube is not the worst of the problems, its just the more popular.

We have to start some place. And if we reduce it, I see that as a good thing. No, you can never get rid of all of it, just like crime, but the less you have of it, the better.

dcsscd

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
there is a lot of difference between saying "im in" or "lets do it" with doing it, so if you do this, send me a PM when you finish doing it, i dont know but i doubt this come to real, so take this comment like challenge to you (and all who said im going to do it) so you really do it, so just dont end being one of those people that just talk and do nothing, like those exposure guys that just give away secrets and call themselfs magicians but are nothing.

Sep 1, 2007
there is a lot of difference between saying "im in" or "lets do it" with doing it, so if you do this, send me a PM when you finish doing it, i dont know but i doubt this come to real, so take this comment like challenge to you (and all who said im going to do it) so you really do it, so just dont end being one of those people that just talk and do nothing, like those exposure guys that just give away secrets and call themselfs magicians but are nothing.

Well I was hoping to get a lot of people in here that would do it, but we don't even have close to enough.

All I want to do is drop the stars on the videos and pm the guy and leave comments. Along with anything else other people want to do. Im sure people can come up with plenty of ideas, but it has to be a combined effort, so for we have I think like 5 people.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Well I was hoping to get a lot of people in here that would do it, but we don't even have close to enough.

All I want to do is drop the stars on the videos and pm the guy and leave comments. Along with anything else other people want to do. Im sure people can come up with plenty of ideas, but it has to be a combined effort, so for we have I think like 5 people.

Finally someone with some marbles.

That is a good idea. and if i come across some i will do just that.

~jordan

Sep 1, 2007
All I want to do is drop the stars on the videos and pm the guy and leave comments.

So validate them by giving them the attention they want?

You know, I recall a time when I was an upstart all gung-ho about fighting exposure. I tried your tactic on some exposure monkeys. Most of them never dignified me with an answer, but a couple wrote back laughing at me and calling me an idiot who was doing "stupid tricks" because I couldn't get laid.

It was about this time that I realized giving these people more attention is just whacking material to them. So I stopped acknowledging their pitiful existences and remained secure in my knowledge that I am a better magician... nay a better person than them.

dcsscd

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
We have to start some place. And if we reduce it, I see that as a good thing. No, you can never get rid of all of it, just like crime, but the less you have of it, the better.

less? are you sure that that is going to reduce it? i said that maybe is going to, but also you are giving more atetion to that videos of what they really deserve, maybe it end being counter-productive, and the people that already knew your rutine you cant make them forget the secret, and you dont know where are they,
so you must start making a new routine that has not been exposed, with new methods, methods that you must find by yourself because if is a trick in the market its very possible that has been exposed, so you need time to do your tricks, and you are wasting that time fighting exposure, at the end they win..why? because you dont end with exposure and they just took your time,
"crime the less you have of it the better" im agree with that, but police are there you fight against that in your city, this is a worldwide problem, while a murder cant kill somebody thousands of miles away, somebody thousands away from you can expose your secret to your most close friend, the point is that from even if you reduce the problem, looks that you did nothing because there still a LOT of exposure that goes worldwide, but i think that this happen on countrys just like USA, here i dont have that problems, and im just 4hrs away from USA (in Mexico) i think that its like programs like criss angel, david blaine, the masked magician, and like so that you have this kind of exposure.

and then i think about this, new tricks...somebody expose it...then magicians work for new tricks/methos...make a dvd/book/etc... sell them... they win money from the sells of people that want to know the method and expose it, magicians that buy the product, and people that saw the exposed material but want to support the creator because they liked the product... then somebody expose it... magicians works in new material because the other was exposed... then sell it again even that they know that is going to be exposed... and so on

then cut the exposure, they just won from people that really are interested on that material, magic goes more underground, maybe they got less publicity, and etc, i dont think they won more money with that.

and something like this happens with the music too, you are not going to buy thousands of cd's while you just like 1 song for each cd

Sep 1, 2007
I say if you want to, make a video of effects with fake methods, like "simple card magic exposed" and do things like the pass, then make it an impossible thing, like oh, when you pass you have to use the very tip of your pinky finger and make sure you keep a perfect balance point or they'll go everywhere. Or Stigmata, first find a lighter, and give yourself a 1st degree burn, then when you put salt on it, it'll turn bright red. If you want to do Sinful, ok first you cut a hole in the can, then you take this sticker that came with your DVD and put it over the hole, see? it looks like a real barcode for the can, when you've just planted a douplicate quarter inside. How is it signed? well tell them to sign one at the beginning, then do some effects, and they'll forget they signed it.... etc etc

I think if were going for quantity then we can make enough videos of the same false method that it might cover over all the real method exposers, or when someone goes to watch it, gets turned away because it's so hard.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
So validate them by giving them the attention they want?

You know, I recall a time when I was an upstart all gung-ho about fighting exposure. I tried your tactic on some exposure monkeys. Most of them never dignified me with an answer, but a couple wrote back laughing at me and calling me an idiot who was doing "stupid tricks" because I couldn't get laid.

It was about this time that I realized giving these people more attention is just whacking material to them. So I stopped acknowledging their pitiful existences and remained secure in my knowledge that I am a better magician... nay a better person than them.

We have very different ways of looking at this I see. Yes, we are the better magicians, but they are still stealing money from these people, and I really don't like crooks.

We have very different ways of looking at this I see. Yes, we are the better magicians, but they are still stealing money from these people, and I really don't like crooks.

I don't like crooks either, but I'm not going out patrolling the streets looking for bad guys. Seriously dude, don't you have something better to like...school...or chicks ;). Oh yeah. Chicks would tottally go before catching 12 year old fat kids trying to get some attention on the internet :).

Sep 1, 2007

But rating their video 1 star and sending them PMs to call them a cockhead isn't going to make it any better.

They laugh at people like you. That is until they get bored and move on to a new flavor of petulence.

Trying to stop YouTube exposure is like trying to stop teenagers from having sex. If I really wanted to fight a losing battle, I would defend Scientology.

dcsscd

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007

http://www.manbottle.com/pictures/tiananmen_square.jpg

it was just him at that moment, if you really want to fight it, dont tie yourself with other people decisions and opinions.

Sep 1, 2007
But rating their video 1 star and sending them PMs to call them a cockhead isn't going to make it any better.

They laugh at people like you. That is until they get bored and move on to a new flavor of petulence.

Trying to stop YouTube exposure is like trying to stop teenagers from having sex. If I really wanted to fight a losing battle, I would defend Scientology.

When I see tutorials, I try to explain to them why its wrong, so maybe they will stop. I know When I was first starting magic, I knew nothing about it, and I was going to post tutorials, because I thought that was the "cool" thing to do. Then I watched something on youtube that said stop exposing magic, it made me understand, so I did not do it. Maybe thats why you never got any where when you talked to these people, because you called them cockheads. Now its time to let this topic fall to the bottom of the page for all are sakes. we all shared what we thought and got no where. I think we all learned that trying to do anything about this is a waste of time, as did I. Beucase everyone wants to complain about it, they dont want to fix it. Tomorrow, there will be more posts about this, and the next day, and the next. Beucase all they want to do is complain.

Sep 1, 2007
When I see tutorials, I try to explain to them why its wrong, so maybe they will stop. I know When I was first starting magic, I knew nothing about it, and I was going to post tutorials, because I thought that was the "cool" thing to do. Then I watched something on youtube that said stop exposing magic, it made me understand, so I did not do it. Maybe thats why you never got any where when you talked to these people, because you called them cockheads.

No, I tried something very similar to your approach. I got laughed at.

The same thing is going to happen to you, and I'm trying to warn you about that. But so far, you have roundly ignored me, disregarded my attempt at something constructive, and rationalized away why you came to this incredibly bad and reactionary decision.

You said you wanted to hear other ideas. So why aren't you listening to them?

Sep 1, 2007
No, I tried something very similar to your approach. I got laughed at.

The same thing is going to happen to you, and I'm trying to warn you about that. But so far, you have roundly ignored me, disregarded my attempt at something constructive, and rationalized away why you came to this incredibly bad and reactionary decision.

You said you wanted to hear other ideas. So why aren't you listening to them?

Your Idea is to have someone play a song, I'm not saying thats bad, but you know anyone that would do that? I mean did I say no? did I say it was a stupid idea? no, I did not. Now, I'm going out to eat, and I wont be coming back to this topic, because its like talking to a wall with you.

Sep 1, 2007
Your Idea is to have someone play a song, I'm not saying thats bad, but you know anyone that would do that? I mean did I say no? did I say it was a stupid idea? no, I did not.

The whooshing noise you hear is the point going over your head. You're taking it at face value. The archetype of that video was infinitely more constructive than your original plan of playing nanny to YouTube.

As to the second half of your post, silent dismissal says more than words ever could.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results