Lets do something about it or stop complaining

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, yes, its another exposure topic. I hate them to because they are always the same thing, but I hope, to change this. I have a plan, a very simple one.

From the first day I came one here, there have been topics on exposure. And all everyone ever does is complain about it. But what if, we all stood up for what we believe in, and stopped exposure, or at least kicked it where it hurts.

exposure is a bigger problem then some kid saying, "hey! I know how you did that, I saw it on youtube!"

Thats the least of our problems. The BIG problem is, the people who spend hundreds of hours on coming up with these effects, are losing tons of money because people rather learn this stuff off of youtube. Thats just not right. Have you seen the views on this stuff on youtube? some of them are like 20,000 or more.

So you want to slow it down? heres how.

We all have to come together to do this, and I hope we will. The first thing we do, is go after 1 trick. So lets say sinful, or stigmata. So we all youtube stigmata, and then leave one star on the video, and then leave comments calling the guy a.... use your imagination, nothing to harsh of course. Now, if we do this to all the videos, that will be a big win for us. Heres why.

1. Most of the people on there that expose tricks are young kids that want to look cool. If WE ALL leave comments, and make the guy look like a fool. He wont feel cool any more, he will want to take it off. And after we drop that 5 star rateing to a 1 star, he will take it off, real fast.

But thats not all we do. Next, WE ALL make a video called, tutorial for stigmata. But instead of a tutorial, they get to hear us explain to them why its wrong to make tutorials for these effects and put them on youtube. Then WE ALL rate those 5 stars. I think we will have a very big effect on the people. What do you think? do you agree? would you like to try this? Its just an idea, I think this would work.

Sep 1, 2007
how about we make a video like one world that madv did on youtube and he got 23 most responded video in hirtory and we all make a little video of one magic trick and at the end we say no more exposure and illegal downloading and everyone on the forums makes a video and responds to the first one and we try to get as many people as possible:D i think that would be awesome

Sep 1, 2007
how about we make a video like one world that madv did on youtube and he got 23 most responded video in hirtory and we all make a little video of one magic trick and at the end we say no more exposure and illegal downloading and everyone on the forums makes a video and responds to the first one and we try to get as many people as possible:D i think that would be awesome

YES!

Anything, we just need to do something! IF we all uploaded something like that the same day, that would be so cool.

Sep 1, 2007
yea but we got to do at one trick in the vid but an awesome one so people see somthing cool

Sep 1, 2007
Or maybe we could also Video tape your self talking about why you hate exposer and why its wrong. And you could send me all your tapes through msn, aim, or what ever. and I could peace them all together, and just have tons of people saying that its wrong. I have a good video editor, we could do it.

Sep 1, 2007
1. Most of the people on there that expose tricks are young kids that want to look cool. If WE ALL leave comments, and make the guy look like a fool. He wont feel cool any more, he will want to take it off. And after we drop that 5 star rateing to a 1 star, he will take it off, real fast.

Next, WE ALL make a video called, tutorial for stigmata. But instead of a tutorial, they get to hear us explain to them why its wrong to make tutorials for these effects and put them on youtube. Then WE ALL rate those 5 stars.

I would rather douse myself in bacon grease and kick a junkyard dog in the balls than do anything like this.

Sep 1, 2007
I would rather go into a biker bar and start asking random people what gender they are than do anything like this.

well you could read some of the other peoples ideas as well, there a lot more simple. But if you don't want to do anything or express ideas on how to stop this, then I don't know why your here.

Sep 1, 2007
There was a video on YouTube some time ago that is now long gone. Sadly.

The camera showed a man with an acoustic guitar in his lap. The frame only showed him between the knees and the shoulders. He explained how to tune a guitar to drop D in a similar manner to some of the exposure tutorials.

He then lowered his head into the frame and said, "Knowing the secret behind something, and doing it well are two very different things." He proceeded to play an achingly beautiful fingerpicking melody that reminded one of a Celtic ballad.

To my mind, that is an infinitely better use of time than posting a video entitled Stigmata Revealed that consists entirely of a single shot:

Attachments

• 96674.You+clicked on+the+link!.jpg
    96674.You+clicked on+the+link!.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 101
We all have to come together to do this, and I hope we will. The first thing we do, is go after 1 trick. So lets say sinful, or stigmata. So we all youtube stigmata, and then leave one star on the video, and then leave comments calling the guy a.... use your imagination, nothing to harsh of course. Now, if we do this to all the videos, that will be a big win for us. Heres why.

But thats not all we do. Next, WE ALL make a video called, tutorial for stigmata. But instead of a tutorial, they get to hear us explain to them why its wrong to make tutorials for these effects and put them on youtube. Then WE ALL rate those 5 stars. I think we will have a very big effect on the people. What do you think? do you agree? would you like to try this? Its just an idea, I think this would work.

Ummm...what exactly will that do? Ooooo, we left mean comments on is YouTube video. Guess what guys, when we click that link to see the video and comment about it, we're adding the view count. So we're actually helping them out. And you really think their going to care what we say about them on YouTube? Nope. There're not. The ONLY thing that will scare these guys is legal action, fines, and law suites, and we can't do that. That's up to the creator to set up.

The only thing we can do is sit back, not talk about it, and let these videos die out. If the video is really THAT popular, the YouTube staff will notice it and take it down due to copyright infringment.

The only other way to take care of these guys is to shut down the internet, and if that happend most of you would shit your pants...

Sep 1, 2007
Ummm...what exactly will that do? Ooooo, we left mean comments on is YouTube video. Guess what guys, when we click that link to see the video and comment about it, we're adding the view count. So we're actually helping them out. And you really think their going to care what we say about them on YouTube? Nope. There're not. The ONLY thing that will scare these guys is legal action, fines, and law suites, and we can't do that. That's up to the creator to set up.

The only thing we can do is sit back, not talk about it, and let these videos die out. If the video is really THAT popular, the YouTube staff will notice it and take it down due to copyright infringment.

The only other way to take care of these guys is to shut down the internet, and if that happend most of you would shit your pants...

Well, then like I said, we can do something else, I made this because im tired of seeing 2 topics a day about exposure. I made this one saying we should do something about it or stop complaining, in other words moment of truth. After I did that, another topic popped up again....about exposure....... sigh

Any way, if you had a video up, and then one day you went on youtube, your video was rated 1 star and you had 200 pm's asking them to take the video down, I think they would.

Any way, if you had a video up, and then one day you went on youtube, your video was rated 1 star and you had 200 pm's asking them to take the video down, I think they would.

If I had an exposure video out there and I got 200 PMs tell me to take it down, I would say, "Or eles what?". Guess what would happen next? I would check all my messages, and hit delete. I wouldn't give a rats ass about my rating. As long as I get that attention then I'm good to go.

Like I said, LEAVE IT ALONE! Jesus, is it that hard to do. Let the damn thing die out already!

Sep 1, 2007

The hell they would. While it is a truism that these kids are trying to buy social status, the reasons are different. Most of them just don't care about keeping secrets, others hate magic and want to see it taken down. If you leave nasty comments on their video, they whack to that.

Sep 1, 2007
If I had an exposure video out there and I got 200 PMs tell me to take it down, I would say, "Or eles what?". Guess what would happen next? I would check all my messages, and hit delete. I wouldn't give a rats ass about my rating. As long as I get that attention then I'm good to go.

Like I said, LEAVE IT ALONE! Jesus, is it that hard to do. Let the damn thing die out already!

its not going to die out. You know how many people start watching videos on youtube, then they start saying hey, " if im going to learn the trick off of youtube any way, I might as well download the dvd off of a pirate site" You know how many friends I know that do that crap?

They take our magic and reduce it to ruble in front of thousand's of people online and I cant take it any more, thats why I made this topic, but it seems most of the people don't seem to care so forget it.

Some people like to try and stop things even if they know it may not work. But they do it because they care and they know its the right thing to do, guess most people here dont.

You may think im going over board with this, but I see magic as alot more then a trick, and I dont like it when people ruin it.

Sep 1, 2007
Some people like to try and stop things even if they know it may not work. But they do it because they care and they know its the right thing to do, guess most people here dont.

Get the hell over yourself. Your ideas are juvenille and reactionary. People like gOOfy, Tempest, and myself have taken more proactive stances and are actively to raise the bar for ourselves as magicians. Our audiences matter way more than the exposure monkeys, so we spend our time becoming better magicians rather than thinking of ways to get even with spoiled rich white children in an imagined rivalry.

its not going to die out. You know how many people start watching videos on youtube, then they start saying hey, " if im going to learn the trick off of youtube any way, I might as well download the dvd off of a pirate site" You know how many friends I know that do that crap?

They take our magic and reduce it to ruble in front of thousand's of people online and I cant take it any more, thats why I made this topic, but it seems most of the people don't seem to care so forget it.

And really, how many normal people with lives are sitting in their rooms all night looking for a video on how to do a trick?...Well, I guess alot of people, but seriously. How many freinds are those kinds of people going to have? Not alot.

So I say let be have their not lives and leave them to their un-awsomeness.

Sep 1, 2007
Get the hell over yourself. Your ideas are juvenille and reactionary. People like gOOfy, Tempest, and myself have taken more proactive stances and are actively to raise the bar for ourselves as magicians. Our audiences matter way more than the exposure monkeys, so we spend our time becoming better magicians rather than thinking of ways to get even with spoiled rich white children in an imagined rivalry.

And your saying I don't? You think I sit around all day and do this? lol, sorry buddy, but I think we are both getting to worked up about this ( I know I am) and we should stop here before we waste everyones time.

I have experienced having things taken from me, a lot of things, so sorry if I a fended you. But I know how I would feel if I spent hundreds of hours on something just to have thousands upon thousands of people steal all my work from me. I hate to see that happen to anyone else. Like these magicians, so sorry again for ticking you off, I did not mean to. I just want to find a way to end this.

Sep 1, 2007
You know what I call that? Free publicity.

I did post up for you an alternative to the otherwise childish suggestions being tossed around, figuring if you can't stop yourself from getting involved, why not doing something meaningful?

But nobody paid any attention to that, because hey! It doesn't give the same satisfaction you get from calling someone a retard.

dcsscd

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
useless...why?

lets say that from 1000 views of that video, 100 users expose something on youtube, from that 100, 50 stop exposing (and i dont know why, because i dont think they dont know that exposure is bad) there still 50 exposure users, the other 900 users, are users that dont care about it and will continue searching for exposure videos, and users that are against exposure, you dont end with the problem maybe just reduce it, and maybe from that users others start exposing just to go against you, and because they dont agree with stores selling single tricks dvd's with high prices (yes maybe the prices is good maybe not but is not the point) or others selling scam tricks, and etc and there still metacafe, putfile, other video sites that i and you dont know, P2P programs (ares, emule, kazaa, limewire, etc) torrents, and what about that good magicians that just cant buy magic for any reason? and they only source its that material and they dont expose it, do they deserve to be with out source of material, even if that is a "ilegal source" ?

and then supose that you succes with this, you video is a great hit, then its going to have some publicity, then more people is going to know about exposure on this sites, and more people is going to start searching for those videos, and if they dont find any video, some will start doing videos....again.

Its going to be like a war like copyright vs copyleft, exposure vs antiexposure.

I dont think its a bad idea, i just think that is not going to work as good as you think, and you just focus on youtube, but youtube is not the worst of the problems, its just the more popular.

edit: oh and if you dont want people expose you secrets, then keep them yourself.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results