Like The New Tool I Invented?

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
Last week I was asked to show some of my work on vanishes so... Here is The Secret Window! It's a prop I created that packs small and plays big! Let me know what you think :)
[video=youtube;xAzjtOgQVXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAzjtOgQVXw[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
I have no idea how you did any of the stuff on your channel. It's making my brain hurt.

Dec 29, 2011
Wow, excellent stuff, I'm truly impressed. As usual I have no idea how it works, but thank you very much for making this.

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
I'm currently working on a few solutions on how to go about releasing my effects. So, they are in the works of being released :) I do create them very quickly and some would be rather expensive to market and be priced high... Some would require a large amount of effort on the buyers part to even perform it (not just practice but building it themselves to fit their body). All aside I want to pursue the best option for releasing any of my effects... in a series format or regular listing where I talk about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it... either way I am looking for opportunities on that dilemma :) I will say many of my effects would be perfect for release ;) I also want to simply share my work and keep some of the answers because it brings inspiration and millions more solutions which you yourselves provide working out how my methods work... Resulting in millions of different tricks. Magic is my full-time job and anything I do release I want to be perfect and for everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have no idea what you are doing unless it is good camera editing because this stuff looks insanely visual and like real magic. I LOVE every bit of it. Keep it coming.

Feb 10, 2013
It looks insane and beautiful, a definite eye catcher. I have one idea on how it could be done, and man is it waaayyyy out there and far fetched. Although it is the method I am most sure that you have used, I am just as close to saying that it can't be done that way at all. Amazing work with all of this stuff. Please, post some live demos of these, I'd love to see the look on people's faces.

Holy ****... and I don't say this often about video's posted here in the forums... but THAT is real magic! Wow! You've got a hell of a good thing going here, and if you play your cards right you could do amazing things with your skill and creativity. Props man! Please what ever you do NEVER release this! Keep it to yourself. This will make you famous. This is beautiful, simply beautiful.

Well done!

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
Holy ****... and I don't say this often about video's posted here in the forums... but THAT is real magic! Wow! You've got a hell of a good thing going here, and if you play your cards right you could do amazing things with your skill and creativity. Props man! Please what ever you do NEVER release this! Keep it to yourself. This will make you famous. This is beautiful, simply beautiful.

Well done!

I totally agree with you, William.
If disclose this secret even for a lot of $, it won't be any good for you. Once they know the secret, nobody is interested in you anymore. Mystery and almost "real" magic will make you rich and famous.
And if you do not want neither fame nor money, don't release it anyway, please. There is such a little amount of good unreleased effects that even one can make a huge difference.

Thanks,
Vlad

Well what he has here is a reputation maker. This is an act that will take him around the world, and people will pay to see it again and again. If he releases it then every teenager and two bit hack will be doing it. This is so much more powerful than that. Publish other stuff sure... but not THIS. THIS is something you hold onto. This is something you don't give up, or away.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm going to be a bit skeptical though and want to see this done in front of an audience. It almost looks TOO GOOD to be real. I'm not screaming "camera tricks" but it could be.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I believe it's genuine. I have a fairly simple theory on how it works which would mean that although it would be angle sensitive, it would be totally possible live.

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
I greatly appreciate the positive feedback :) Skepticism has always been an obstacle when it comes to anything on video. Which is why I myself feel any audience reaction is untrustworthy anyway. Not only do people react differently on camera (I know from experience) but I feel a crummy effect can get people to applaud just because everyone else is also clapping (someone starts others dive in). Plus, they could all be in on it as well and it's really easy to do that. I have no camera crew so I rely on others to hold my camera which rarely works so yes I have captured great reactions over the years but truly you should bring your own reactions and thoughts to the table because they are all that really matter in the end. Without actually revealing any method I can only tell you it is real but like any of my videos if you feel they are fake then you will never figure out how they work... simply put.

One suggestion I would make in order to further prove your not using editing effects other than doing it for a live spectator-

The one thing that shouts camera/editing fx (to a skeptic) is a locked off camera, as its is much easier to add editing effects to the video, so at the very least you can have someone do a hand held shot of you performing so no one can say its not you doing it, as a spectator does'nt see the same way a locked camera does, as spectators can tilt there heads, move to the side, move forward/backwards, etc etc.

Just something to think about for future videos, as doing magic that looks so good it looks like trick photography, & doing it in a locked camera shot, with no live spectators, even if they are wrong, there will be skeptics who will "believe" that your just using editing, even though I dont think so, as I have my theories too on how this can be done live. If you did release this, Id buy it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results