Look After Yourself & Be Safe...

Hey Guys,

Had probably one of the worst weekends for a long time, and thought I would take a quick moment just to make sure everyone is careful and makes the best out of all of your lives.

One of my close mates had a terrible car accident on the weekend and if the car hadn't been built well he wouldn't still be with us.

Though this is a bit of an extreme situation many things we do in life have a risk or chance of Injury of sorts.

He owns one of the fastest cars in South Australia and up there in Australia and has spent years building it, and over $150k.

SCjam2007055.jpg

jake8.jpg

While racing on a Drag Strip interstate, a Rod in the Engine let go, spraying Oil all over the track, in turn taking him head first into the wall, flipping the car. All of this at 180km/h (112m/h)

SCjam2007059.jpg

SCjam2007061.jpg

Though as I said its a bit of a different situation, it makes you think about life in a different perspective.

Look after yourself all,
Matty

Nov 22, 2007
We need an off topic forum. I fyou're going to post something not magic related atleast don't make the thread title a cliffhanger.

Jan 27, 2008
Tough crowd...

Then again, I do understand the logical empathy here but seriosly, you guys gotta be that rude? His friend almost died drag-racing.

Show some respect.

..:Z:..

You guys are a bunch of *****....

Matty,

Sorry about your friend. I'll hold a good thought for you, him, and his family during this time. And you're completely right...we all need to watch out for ourselves. The general age of this forum is between 13-16....that time when kids start getting their drivers licenses. To those, I say don't do anything stupid. Too many kids have lost their lives for trying to be cool and driving fast.

Your friends situation was different, since he was at the track. I'd be more concerned if he was trying to go fast! :p

But really, glad to hear he's going to be okay. And damn....that's a pretty car. Makes me kinda jealous bro. ;)

Best.
Steve

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Wow the first two people who posted are really inconsiderate....anyway Best of wishes to your friend :D. I agree aswell take care of yourself and dont mess yourself up. I have some friends who do some crazy stuff to themselves (drug wise and other) and i try to help them but its hard to help others that think they dont need help, but i still keep myself safe....

Sucks that his car got pretty messed up too :(, thats alot of money/time invested into that, but atleast he is still with us and thats all that really matters :D.

Thanks for sharing

Aug 31, 2007
Real sorry to hear that man. Hope he gets well soon. Anything like this makes you stop and feel blessed for the life you've been given.

Wilfred and MagicSpider......you two are pathetic.

Jan 3, 2008
Wow sorry to hear about your friend. :( Actually, on a related note, we live near San Diego and on I5 we saw a Coca-Cola truck spi outta control and GO OVER the the rail on the side of the interstate; a raised interstate, mind you, so he fell quite a ways down. Scary stuff. We actually saw it again on the news, and the driver was fine, but that just goes to show you how lucky people get sometimes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results