Looking for a rope routine

Apr 24, 2008
I am thinking of learning a rope routine, so I will be buying some rope. I have some basic torn & restored routines but looking for something better. Ideally the routine would be anywhere from 5-15 minutes long, have good angles for performing for groups, utilize normal rope (or prepared if I can make it out of the normal rope). I'm looking at spending up to $25 US on it so any suggestions?

This looks like very good value for money but it would probably very difficult to learn it without visual aid - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S5742

This has a lot of effects, but no routines, so would it be easy to just pick appropriate effects and put them in a routine? http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4549

Thanks

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Fiber Optics is very strong when the time and effort has been put in. I have seen many guys do it well at Magic Conventions and / or Parlor Shows.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I concur with both Rick and Formula. Fiber Optics is a must buy if you want to learn some killer rope routines. It features elements of Professor's Nightmare (which I believe you can purchase separately in the form of a small manuscript), ends of the rope jumping around all over the place, and other bits of visual goodness. All done with three pieces of ordinary, examinable rope.

One of the best things I've purchased in a long time, and that's coming from a card guy!

Apr 24, 2008
I checked out Mongolian Knot routine and it's same price as Daryl's rope routine, but after watching few routines from Fiber Optics, it's the one I am going to get, thanks, due to video instruction and more material.

Dec 14, 2012
i have seen lots of rope magic,but you have must strong flexible and comfortable rope, i know some rope name, you can buy these ropes, they are on of good rope, these ropes are help full for performing
Nylon Rope
Polypropylene Rope
Polyester rope
Sisal Rope

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results