Looking For Effects

Apr 1, 2009
California
I had something of a learning disability. It was pretty bad at one point. Eventually my study of piano and consistent reading paid off and pretty much vanished the disability there. Anyway, I'm currently working on The Royal Road. Doing pretty well, but what gets me are the descriptions of what one must do. They are hard to read a lot of the time. For instance, even for something such as the air riffle shuffle, I was stuck on it for a good while since the pictures in the book appeared to have the cards in a different direction than they should. So what I've done to fix my little problems in these books, which I now value so much more than dvds, is to search for a performance of it on the internet, to spot check myself. Now, I love watching Dvds. Though I realized that my love for watching dvds is really my love for watching magic performed. when it comes to learning, I wish everything learning wise were in book form.

Jan 10, 2008
If difficulty really isn't a major issue for you then I would suggest the following:

In the realm of coins: Revolutionary Coin Magic and Revolutionary Coin Magic 2.0 by Jay Sankey as far as DVDs go. Book wise: Simply put J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and David Roth's Expert Coin Magic

In the realm of cards: Any book that bears the author's name of Jon Racherbaumer or Ed Marlo is worth it's weight in gold!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results