Lost and Found

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello everyone!

I have a little game today! Tell us when you lost a trick, deck or gimmick... and you thought it was lost forever and you were very sad... then suddenly sometime later (days, months and even years) you found it... maybe in a jacket, a box, in the car... and then how you felt!

In my case it was Unbelivalope... it got unexpectedly lost after an event.. I was so sure I took it home with me... I was so godamn sad for weeks... because is a staple on my show...

Then one day I was checking some papers in my desk drawer and there it was!! it turns out, my girlfriend found it in the entrance and thought it was an important envelope and of course put it along my important papers in the drawer... I was so happy!!!

There... tell us yours story!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I wanted to do Alan Wakeling's Cords and Coins. So I purchased four of Roy Keupper's large Chinese Coins. Well, I thought I purchased them. There were other effects that I was working on and when I got to that effect, I couldn't find the coins. They weren't in the bin of coin effects and they weren't in the bin of new magic effects and props (which ultimately get sorted into storage or performance bins). I actually went back and checked my order history to see if I just imagined ordering them. I had. They were no where to be found and I was wondering if they just weren't in the package that I received (though I vaguely remembered seeing them) One day, I was going through some old paper files and, in a manilla folder with completely unrelated papers (I think it was the receipts and manuals for bicycles we purchased that were in 8 inch by 5 inch plastic bags) there they were. I suspected that they were put into the folder when I was cleaning up my office with the thought of, "I'll put them away in the magic closet later..." At least I wasn't going crazy and correctly remembered ordering them and receiving them.

Reactions: Luis Vega

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I wanted to do Alan Wakeling's Cords and Coins. So I purchased four of Roy Keupper's large Chinese Coins. Well, I thought I purchased them. There were other effects that I was working on and when I got to that effect, I couldn't find the coins. They weren't in the bin of coin effects and they weren't in the bin of new magic effects and props (which ultimately get sorted into storage or performance bins). I actually went back and checked my order history to see if I just imagined ordering them. I had. They were no where to be found and I was wondering if they just weren't in the package that I received (though I vaguely remembered seeing them) One day, I was going through some old paper files and, in a manilla folder with completely unrelated papers (I think it was the receipts and manuals for bicycles we purchased that were in 8 inch by 5 inch plastic bags) there they were. I suspected that they were put into the folder when I was cleaning up my office with the thought of, "I'll put them away in the magic closet later..." At least I wasn't going crazy and correctly remembered ordering them and receiving them.
Lol!! That has happened to me too! the all "maybe I dreamt I ordered it" and then check the order again in the middle of the night

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results