Made for Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
...No.... you're saying that rose trick you're talking about used other angles to his advantage. I'm just saying Tenkai and Backpalms are the same thing.

When I saw the video I think he somewhat misleads people into thinking it is a good and angle wide trick but in reality it isn't.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I don't see why not....
The oppurtunity is there.

I'm a girl, I have a lot of friends who are girls that aren't into magic. I also have a lot of male magician friends... The latter rarely gets to a first date with the former if their personality is just the magic.

Sure, one card trick to get over the jitters is OK, but then you have got to rely on your charm and personality.

But what would I know? I'm just a girl... Who loves a magician... And the magician NEVER does magic tricks to impress me or my friends... and my friends love him too.

Love,

Katie

Sep 1, 2007
I don't see why not....
The oppurtunity is there.

Typical male. Gets honest advice directly from the source, but he's too d*mn proud to take it.

Magic is not a substitute for personality. If you as a person have about as much depth as a teaspoon, no amount of gimmicky crap is going to turn you into a Cassanova.

Nov 23, 2007
I'm not triying to get a date.... I'm going to work in a place that is for girls... girls music, girls decoration, etc, the place is all made for girls, so the owner wants me to do girl's magic,
believe me, I think that getting dates with magic... is pathetic...

thank you by the way

Daniel Cuartas

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Rose from a Card is an effect for girls BUT DON"T GET IT. In the video on youtube, the guy performing it blocks the angles by facing the side and using the stage to his advantage. I know two guys that don't like it. One sold it and the other just left it in his closet.

You could always do a color changing back of a card to say they made the cards blush. Make up some tricks.

Really? I thought Rose from a Card was awesome! I've done it many times close up and I've never been caught with the production. Whoever has it and says they don't like it need to give it another chance.

And I will admit...it does look better on stage. That doesn't mean that it won't look good close up. I mean, technically speaking you're doing the trick close up for a person that you bring onstage...

Zamiel's Rose is a beutiful trick if you can get it right. I don't know if it was created by Derren Brown, but it's on The Devil's Picturebook DVD. It involves a touchy romantic patter where you tell the girl about a girl you were in love with in kindergarden, and you tell her you gave this girl a rose, and then you turn the card she chose into rose petals. Brilliant :)

Typical male. Gets honest advice directly from the source, but he's too d*mn proud to take it.

Magic is not a substitute for personality. If you as a person have about as much depth as a teaspoon, no amount of gimmicky crap is going to turn you into a Cassanova.

Hmm... Yeah, of course magic isn't going to turn you into Cassanova, but I don't see anything wrong with knowing how to do some tricks that could be useful in dates.
You don't go to a date with your regular, everyday clothes, right? You dress different, and sometime act a bit different... That doesn't mean you are using other things as a substitute for personality.
Okay, so if you get into magic just to get some girls, that is pathetic, I concur. But I think atleast most of the guys here are not into magic for the girls, but for the art... And while we're doing that, there's nothing wrong with doing some magic for the girls, just like you do a lot of other things especially for girls and dates.

Sep 1, 2007
Hmm... Yeah, of course magic isn't going to turn you into Cassanova, but I don't see anything wrong with knowing how to do some tricks that could be useful in dates.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I hate to keep beating people with the Obvious Hammer, but it seems this simple piece of advice is beyond the comprehension of most of the rabble.

You don't go to a date with your regular, everyday clothes, right?

Yes I do. Because I like to think that any room I walk into, I'm the best-dressed guy there.

And while we're doing that, there's nothing wrong with doing some magic for the girls, just like you do a lot of other things especially for girls and dates.

It's not a substitute for personality. Durr-hey! How many times must this be repeated by how many different people before it sinks in?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Yeah this isn't the 90s and you don't expect people to wear tuxedos or suits on a regular date...

I also don't see why not perform for girls, but getting a date out of that is.... well harder than you think. If you want to entertain your girlfriend, doing magic is fine but trying to get a better chance of getting laid or to the next step in your relationship is not a good choice to do.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
G
go to a bar and show a random chick Hundy 500
You'll see what happens next
It even happened to Greg in the demo
Me, I don't need to ShowOff but I do it anyways
And It works
Do A "What The Hell Happened To Syble 2"
The Girls Love it
Specially If they Never seen it Before

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Really? I thought Rose from a Card was awesome! I've done it many times close up and I've never been caught with the production. Whoever has it and says they don't like it need to give it another chance.

And I will admit...it does look better on stage. That doesn't mean that it won't look good close up. I mean, technically speaking you're doing the trick close up for a person that you bring onstage...

I tried to play with it to see if I could and I tried every possible way I could think of and failed. The guy said he was just going to sell it. The other guy just chunked it in his closet. I wish I could find a way to produce it but like I said when I helped him I failed at EVERY production way I thought of.

Yes I do. Because I like to think that any room I walk into, I'm the best-dressed guy there.

Well, I bow down before you, Steerpike. I, for once, when I'm alone at home, wear usually boxers and a T-shirt... But if you walk around everyday with a tux, you're a better man than I am.

It's not a substitute for personality. Durr-hey! How many times must this be repeated by how many different people before it sinks in?

Well, I don't know, since you don't really read what other people say. I clearly said that it is not a substitute for personality and that I agree with you on that part.
Magic is not a substitute for personality, it's a part of your personality, just like everything else you do is. I, for example, am a pianist... That's part of my personality, I'm a musician. That does not, in fact, in any sort of way, implies that I need my music to get girls, right?
And for Katie - I totally agree with you, you don't use magic to impress your friends/lovers/partners etc. Of course not... These are people who already appreciate and love you just the way you are, so obviously you don't need to impress them with magic. But we were not talking about any of these here, we were talking about a date, which is usually a girl we've never met.
Magic is part of your personality, and it enriches your personality... So yeah, I won't do tricks the entire date, that would be stupid, but there is no harm in a trick or two in the right place just to get it going.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I bow down before you, Steerpike. I, for once, when I'm alone at home, wear usually boxers and a T-shirt... But if you walk around everyday with a tux, you're a better man than I am.

Am I the only one left who can tell the difference between best-dressed and most expensively dressed?

Well, I don't know, since you don't really read what other people say.

I confess, it's easier for me to assume people are stupid until they prove otherwise.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
The LF Monte.

"What that trick is is you show three cards and one of them is the Queen of Hearts.
You turn the
cards over and you tell a girl to pull out the Queen of Hearts.
When she does it has LET'S F**K written on it.
I bet You'll get laid lots with that
one."

Morgician I think

Apr 20, 2008
I think it's funny how so many of you think it's pathetic to try to use magic to pick up girls.

Are you really that ashamed of your magic? I for one am proud to show mine to anyone interested, regardless of who they are. Cute girls, the pope, whoever.

For me, it's all a matter of motivation. I don't walk up to a girl with the mindset, "Please accept me... look, I'll do tricks for you!"

That won't work, even with great tricks.

Be a good person FIRST, and remember, magic is a TOOL.

I'm not "Picking up" the girl directly with magic. But, magic is an EXCELLENT ice breaker, and demonstration of higher value for me to USE at my discretion.

However, there is no substitute for actual social skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results