Magi-Whirl 2010!

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform every one about Magi-Whirl 2010! It is Washington DC's only magic convention. It takes place on April 9th and 10th in 2010. The meeting isn't actually in DC itself but in Alexandria, Virginia.

Last years convention was AWESOME to say the least. With lectures Jeff McBride and Paul Green! (who for a fact only eats green skittles) with Joan Caesar and Bruce Kalver giving a very informative Q&A session. The dealers room was also great with lots of magic gizmos and such.

There also a chance to meet magicians from all over the area that you didn't know before the convention. I personally met so many cool magicians that I would have never known about and also meet people in real life like Steve Simmons (close-up expert here) and I am sure I'm going to meet many more people this year.

Any ways enough about last year. Onto this years convention. We have some great lectures this year. They are Duane Laflin, Jim Sisti, and Samuel Patrick Smith. They are names I admittedly don't know to well, but I am are great. Also their is a Gala Show that is open to the public and is a great chance to see some pro's perform live.

The price is cheap if you buy soon. It is only $50 for all the lectures and every thing (doesn't include gala show).

Any ways I hope to see some of you guys there and also check out the site for all the info and stuff.

http://magi-whirl.blogspot.com/

Yep, I'll be there again this year. Although, I don't see how it's possible to top last years. Seeing both Paul Green AND Jeff Mcbride lecture AND perform made for an AWESOME CONVENTION! Jeff headlined the evening Gala show and that in itself was a learning experience. I actually got to work backstage with him too... talk about overwhelming, trying to soak everything up.

Anywho, I'm going to be booking my room at the Hilton very soon. Anyone else that is planning on staying there, do that ASAP. They fill up fast. And besides, hanging in the bar at 2am with Paul Green, Jeff Mcbride, Eric Henning, Howie Schwartzman, and other magicians... that's quite an experience too.

Always a great time though! Dealers room is packed and people are always willing to help.

Hope to see everyone there!
Steve

P.S. I believe the Gala show ticket IS included in the $50. It's always been in the past...

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Update:

Eric Jones and Danny Garcia will be in the dealers room for this convention! :D

AND Darwin Ortiz is going to be the Guest of Honor, I believe doing a Q&A!

Get your tickets now if you want to go... always is a great convention and a lot of fun!

Yea, Eric called me and told me last night the news of him and DG. I will see you all there...and if there IS a bar there, no reason NOT to buy me a drink or a shot! :) Kidding...

Mike

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Looks like I get to show up to this shin-dig. I may or may not be late Friday, I'll see you fellas at the hotel and all day Sat. either way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results