Magic acts with a message/morals to analyze

Feb 19, 2017
Good day everyone,
I have to write a critical review for a collage assignment (basically just analyze themes ect for 1000+ words), and I thought it would be really cool to analyze a magic act, but I'm struggling to find one with a clear message and enough stuff to analyse for that many words.
Does anyone know of any acts (of any type of magic) that I could analyse? Or even a specific magician I could analyse as a whole for something (for example I was thinking of writing on david blaine and the ethics of using traditional rituals as magic or something like that)

Nov 13, 2019
Not exactly what your looking for, but I made a thread a year ago about emotional ideas, and if you scroll towards the bottom there are some nice examples that you may want to have a look at.

Hopefully this helps:)

Reactions: Kard Fu
Good day everyone,
I have to write a critical review for a collage assignment (basically just analyze themes ect for 1000+ words), and I thought it would be really cool to analyze a magic act, but I'm struggling to find one with a clear message and enough stuff to analyse for that many words.
Does anyone know of any acts (of any type of magic) that I could analyse? Or even a specific magician I could analyse as a whole for something (for example I was thinking of writing on david blaine and the ethics of using traditional rituals as magic or something like that)

I'm pretty emotional ;) check out the old youtube - Kard Fu. But in all seriousness Teller immediately comes to mind, beautiful stuff and tons of resource material out there on him. Good luck with it mate!

Reactions: Arconik

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Are you looking for a single act or a full show? Derek Delgaudio's In and Of Itself would be prime for this considering it's basically the story of his life.

Reactions: Arconik
Feb 19, 2017
Are you looking for a single act or a full show? Derek Delgaudio's In and Of Itself would be prime for this considering it's basically the story of his life.
Both. I have to analyze the themes of what ever I choose, how it relates to something in society for example or what's the symbolic meanings behind stuff ect. Thanks I'll check him out

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ah. Then in the thread that was linked above, there's a video called Krabat by Adam Weiss. Highly recommended.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results