Magic and Technology?

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
your in the right direction but this is really slow and I really don't think this is the way technology should work for magic.... the Iphone in the other hand has taken it to another level.. you should try to adapt to that technology.. but again a in the end a layman would be astonished by this demonstration. I mean its creativity its what makes magic an art.

Sep 7, 2007
This is just one of the first examples of what can be accomplished using a computer and this method. I can also accomplish it with an Iphone.

I use it as a ghost writing effect. Sometimes use it to demonstrate PK.

I can perform it anywhere anytime.

I dont even need internet.

Something that I really wanted to include in this video was sound.

I just found out the camera I bought today doesnt record sound. Everyone wouldve been able to hear the TYPING and the song playing.

Sep 7, 2007
No. I can perform this in the desert where there are no other computers.

I dont need internet or any kind of network.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
hmm.... you recorded all of it in Camtasia Studio, and you are just watching the recording in full screen? :D

I think it's a great idea for sure, but I'm not sure how practical it is to actually perform.

Sep 7, 2007
Full screen..hahaha

Im glad you checked out the original concept.

Im still working on alot of other performances.

Im just very happy to actually be able to capture it on a camera instead of a screen capture software.

I have really bad luck with cameras. This new camera I bought didnt even record sound. SO I had to edit my whole performance and patter out. I just narrated the video because Ive been desperate to get this concept out there for the world to see. If I was able to record sound youd actually be able to even hear typing and the music from the video.

Its actually very practical. Impracticality is one of my biggest hatreds in magic.

This illusions ready to go at a moments notice.

I wanna hear everyones idea of what theyd like to produce on the computer screen. Predictions, revelations and how theyd do it.

Would you perform this as a PK effect?

Use all your mind power to get the mouse cursor to tremble then finally gain control.

Have someone think of a color...then open up youtube and play "paint it black" by the stones or "back in black" by ac/dc to reveal that their chosen color was black.

I wanna hear some thoughts.

Robert Ybarra

May 3, 2008
I though that it was pretty cool. Maybe have the specatator think of a word and the computer starts to show that word.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
There's a problem with doing any magic with computers.

1) People will assume it's some new piece of technology allowing you to do what you are doing.

2) People will see the piece of technology as the one performing the magic, not you.

-ThrallMind

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I did not like it at all. It is obviously a camera trick and if you could perform that for a spectator the first thing they would say is cool now do that with the pen and paper. Plus I like taking credit for my magic not the computer.

-Michael

Jan 13, 2008
Not that I like the effect (to be honest, it's highly unimpressive to me, and would likely not be impressive to a spectator for reasons mentioned in an earlier post--most notably that they would just think it has to do with some new technology), but why are we openly discussing methods for someone else's effect?

Edit: Good call on the PM, Thrall. :)

Sep 7, 2007
Hey guys...if yall think it was a camera trick or i did it with a wireless keyboard. Then I'm Obviously doing my job correctly.

Trust me...Ive been working on this effect for years. It blows my spectators away.

With the right presentation it never comes to mind that a computer is doing all my work.

When your assistant gets sawed in half do spectators think shes a flexible girl and is doing all the work? Never!

I apologize for never having a camera on hand. I finally bought one and after getting the idea recorded I found out that my camera doesnt record sound. :(

Theres so many applications to this and theres no reason to be negative. Ive been getting alot of messages of what you guys would like to do with a computer screen. Amazing ideas out there.

With this method you dont have to necessarily control the computer as if your seemingly using PK. You can have a thought of card or word or prediction animate itself on the computer screen.

heres one of the first applications I made with this method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDkgSGUv3g

What I didnt like about that presentation was that the card animated slowly, but I've come to fix that. What I love about this method is that the whole computer is still active. Its not just some Full screen video playing. You can open programs, drag icons, open your internet explorer. Its amazing and still amazes myself when I see it.

If you are a great magician you can think of some great presentations for this. What you want to produce on a computer is unlimited with this method.

Seth Raphael won the Amazing Randi's MILLION DOLLAR challenge with a computer!

I love these effects!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results