Magic for a job

Sep 14, 2017
So i am still young (16) and I currently need a part time job but everywhere i have applies wont allow me to work as the places i have applied for you have to be 18, i applied for bars and restaurants, as they wont allow me to work, i was thinking about walking in to a bar and volunteering for an hour or so to perform magic in there for free and if there customers are impressed then they could consider hiring me, i wanted opinions on what type of resturants or bars i should perform and if it is a good idea?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
At 16 I'd say avoid bars. You might be amazing, but I'll be honest with you, I go to bars to avoid teenagers bugging me. If you walk in and start performing for patrons you could be making a worse impression than you think. Also, depending on labor laws, you could be risking the owner and/or managers getting a big fine.

If you want to do this kind of work, I'd say find a restaurant that might be open to it and try one of two things. 1) Prepare a few tricks, and call up and set an appointment with the manager to offer your services. Make those few tricks absolutely amazing. 2) Book a reservation with friends/family, and perform for your own table only. Small stuff, nothing big, and the reactions from them could possibly get the manager's attention.

If you just walk in and volunteer, you're setting your price at nothing. Why should they pay you if you'll just walk in and do it for free?

You need to be able to demonstrate that they need what you are offering. Otherwise a smart restaurant/bar owner will ignore you, because if it doesn't have a proven value, there's no need to include it.

Reactions: GrahamHorgan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results