Magic myth

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
The boss of my dad, told me that he knows that somebody did a trick where he was standing on a ship and he stopped all the clocks in the world even, watches :eek:..

Is this just bullsh*t or did it happen? or did it happen in another way :p

P.S I dont know when it ''happened''

I'm going to make an Ass out of u and me and Assume that there has been a long game of Chinese Whispers and that things have been exaggerated and such. And remember how magicians can plant ideas into peoples head. Eg. "I never even touched the deck"

I've never heard of this before, have you tried googling it?

Cheers, Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Yeah I know what you mean thats why I put "or did it happen in another way :p" because I know how do the spectators remember..

And yes I googled it..

blink: I know it CANT be done xD.. But was there a trick that someone stopped a big clock, like the big ben or what? because all the clocks in the world its impossible :p

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
well, it may be an exageration but you can also think about how long magic has been around vs. how long clocks have been around. it could have been a time of the year when the sun stood still for an amount of time making it appear that sun dial's didn't move, also at certain times of the year gravity shift (the common info on this is that you can balance an egg) but it also effect pendulum's which is how most older clocks worked, so it is indeed possible that on a certain day or time clocks were effected in a certain area, but definitely all over the world. im guessing its an inflated story over time.

wait... was the magician named jesus? cause i hear he did some pretty good tricks, but it was probably all just editing like criss angel

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
but really, he was on a boat, he didn't have to stop all the clocks in the world just the ones on that boat, how would anybody know about any of the others.. from now on, we all must exclusively perform on boats.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Pfft, Wayne Houchin's Control teaches you an impromptu watch stop. All you need to do is grow more arms and be everywhere at once. Easy. I stopped every clock in the world once, the reactions were ok. I'd recommend you stick with the invisible deck, however.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey the name of the guy was Guglielmo Marconi.. The trick was around 1931 I think, I googled but no result of the trick.. your turn :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results