Magic Related Pranks and Practical Jokes

I have recently been watching TheMagicofRahat's videos on YouTube. We've all seen him, he takes magic gimmicks and devices and performs pranks on people. For example, in one video he did Fire Wallet while ordering food from fast food places.
So that got me thinking, what kind of pranks could I perform with my plethora of magic skills? For instance, every day, for the past couple of days, I have been going into my twin brothers room, asking if I could use one of his decks of Bikes, and then top-palmed a card a day, I currently have five right now, so sooner or later, he is going to be working with a very small packet. Besides, enjoying my brother struggle with an incomplete deck of cards, I also get practice top-palming cards under a spectator's nose.
I know that's not as interesting as some of the things you guys have pulled on your friends or family, or even complete strangers, so post 'em below and we'll share the laughs.

Jan 20, 2009
California
slush powder is one that you can use as a gag or a trick and always get great
reactions. also one i use most often is the rose gag were you hand someone a rose
and when they grab the stem you walk away with the top part. aldo colombini has a funny
one after he invites someone on stage to help him out he thanks them and says do you drink
they say yes and hands them a straw.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I have recently been watching TheMagicofRahat's videos on YouTube. We've all seen him, he takes magic gimmicks and devices and performs pranks on people. For example, in one video he did Fire Wallet while ordering food from fast food places.
So that got me thinking, what kind of pranks could I perform with my plethora of magic skills? For instance, every day, for the past couple of days, I have been going into my twin brothers room, asking if I could use one of his decks of Bikes, and then top-palmed a card a day, I currently have five right now, so sooner or later, he is going to be working with a very small packet. Besides, enjoying my brother struggle with an incomplete deck of cards, I also get practice top-palming cards under a spectator's nose.
I know that's not as interesting as some of the things you guys have pulled on your friends or family, or even complete strangers, so post 'em below and we'll share the laughs.

I've done that once. They didn't find it funny. At all.

room 401 was a MTV show on not to long ago where they used magic tricks and freaked people out and some of the pranks are truly genius re-watching it as a magician is really interesting all these years later. All the episodes are up on the MTV website you guys should take a look.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
A few months ago a buddy of mine and another accomplice pulled off a great effect at our IBM ring just to see how long it took for another member to grab the deck and inspect it. Basically we did a Tossed Out Deck routine with a non gimmicked standard straight deck. The three of us had agreed upon which cards would be "peeked" and the magician would call out the cards correctly. However, we purposely said this was a very old method and set the rubber banded deck down in front of this guy who "always" wants to inspect things. We all sat with straight faces and watched this guy grab the deck from the table, look through the deck and couldn't pick his jaw up off the floor.

You had to be there in person but we all held it together until after the meeting and then busted up laughing and until this day the guy still doesn't know how we pulled it off. Ha Ha. He is probably still searching for the method.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
A few months ago a buddy of mine and another accomplice pulled off a great effect at our IBM ring just to see how long it took for another member to grab the deck and inspect it. Basically we did a Tossed Out Deck routine with a non gimmicked standard straight deck. The three of us had agreed upon which cards would be "peeked" and the magician would call out the cards correctly. However, we purposely said this was a very old method and set the rubber banded deck down in front of this guy who "always" wants to inspect things. We all sat with straight faces and watched this guy grab the deck from the table, look through the deck and couldn't pick his jaw up off the floor.

You had to be there in person but we all held it together until after the meeting and then busted up laughing and until this day the guy still doesn't know how we pulled it off. Ha Ha. He is probably still searching for the method.

Ha ha ha, that's excellent!

ROFLMAO. Brilliant!

Party Prank Ideas. I got this from my friend John in Las Vegas. It requires some prep work.

Step 1: video record your bathroom with your home camera for about 2 minutes. Nothing going on, just bathroom.

Step 2: edit the video so it's black and white. burn to DVD disk.

Step 3: Insert new DVD into player, and place the player into standby mode. Wait until someone has to use the restroom at your party.

Step 4: There is no step four. Proceed to step five.

Step 5: When the mark goes into the john, hit play on the dvd. Let it loop. instruct everyone to laugh their rear off when the mark comes out of the bathroom. let their mind run rabid with the possibilities!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Draven, I've actually heard of that one before as well. Supposedly it is hilarious. I may have to try that one at my brother's house sometime that has a finished basement with a bar.

And yes...the Tossed Out Deck routine was insanely funny. That poor guy still doesn't know how we pulled it off and we never told him.
We (everyone in on it) had actually called each other the night before the IBM meeting and discussed the peeked cards, who would play the magician...etc. It was great.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results