Magic

What drives me to do magic is the ability to fool someone and see the jaws drop to the floor. The ability to walk up to a stranger and allow them to let their problems flee from there body and soul even if it is just for a few minutes or in one case a few seconds. The day my girlfriend told me that I was a great magician and I should work at a restaurant. It's not a normal hobby, I mean you still have something to "collect" but it doesn't just sit on a mantle or in a case.

What drives me to do magic is my life. My life would be so dull without it. i meet tons of awesome and interesting people just by saying " hey how's it going." and break out a deck and perform to be seen and perform to better yourself and your immediate surroundings.

Sep 10, 2007
My drive, is the joy I give to people. Well...maybe not joy specifically, but a good feeling only magic can give you. If you have ever read the essay in Paul Harris' The Art of Astonishment, then you'd know what I'm talking about. I love making people feel young and pure again, and also make them question reality and wonder if the illusion is real.

Sep 1, 2007
My drive, is the joy I give to people. Well...maybe not joy specifically, but a good feeling only magic can give you. If you have ever read the essay in Paul Harris' The Art of Astonishment, then you'd know what I'm talking about. I love making people feel young and pure again, and also make them question reality and wonder if the illusion is real.

Great answer. I think my basic aim with magic is to have fun and entertain. I don't care if people are astonished or not, as long as they have as much if not more fun than I do! I love how magic can help you relate to people :D

As long I have made all of the audience gone through an emotion of happiness, mysteriousness, what the hellness, or any state of emotion I was trying to aim for them to be in.

Then that drives me forward to make more emotions within my performance.

Sep 2, 2007
I think an angel, uh, I mean Wayne Houchin, said it best in his in Artist Teaser video -- "to be able to connect with someone on that level, to be able to look in a strangers eyes and see nothing but pure astonishment." That's what fuels and drives me.

Cheers,
JTM

I love making people happy. Ever since I was a little kid, I would be the class clown just because I love to hear people laugh. I grew up wanting to be an actor/comedian until I was about 10, because I loved the look of happiness on people's faces when I told a joke or something. Then I got into magic, because not only are you entertaining people, you are giving them a moment of their life that they will probably never forget. So for me, it's making people happy. Magic is the best upper.

Also, I like knowing how to do things others find impossible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results