Magicians helping Magicians

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I just wanted to post a thread on some wonderful things i've seen happening since entering the magic community and befriending other magicians... and open up discussion for more personal stories, or thoughts on when and where help is appropriate. (i.e. exposure) [i probably used i.e. wrong, oh well]

just recently i was blessed with a random act of kindness from a magician who's screen name here is i.am.infamous. he had already been given 3 packs of smoke and mirrors v4. and then he won another deck in a contest over at exomagic. during their trivia thing hosted by william draven. and i popped into the exomagic tinychat the next day and he offered to give me the pack he won from exo magic.
with a little communication with alex hess of the exomagic team it worked flawlessly. i was so happy and it was a great thing for him to do!

i've talked through pms with ChristopherT about restaurant magic and any type of table hopping magic as i start out. just waiting on business cards, then i'm gonna go drop them off. his advice really helped me to gain an appreciation for how what i can do is really worth something, and even if it is fun, i should still charge for it.

Morgician, or Morgan B and I have talked to great extent about all kinds of magic related topics, he really has grown me into the showman i'm still becoming. he even was willing to be interviewed for a school paper i wrote. i posted it somewhere in the general discussion forum, check it out if you get the chance.

zeedub, christian1, deceptoritoriuvum (something like that) and i have all discussed Christianity and magic in private. all three have very different views, its great to listen to all three of them.

all in all i wouldnt be near the magician, or person i am today without this community, or the magic world, its really been a blessing to my life (well as far as my eyes can see, and i look forward to hearing your personal stories)

-Webster Gehring

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 21, 2010
Nice topic and great thread, worldwideme.

I am blessed that you're enjoying the v4.

Also, I'm glad to know that there's various of magicians helping magicians - this really helps in the longrun - even if it's the smallest piece of advice.

Lastly, when I said that I already have 3 of them, I lied. LOL - The only I one I had (before I even had it) was the one I gave you. I thought it would be nice and generous to give a little something to a fellow magician - one who would appreciate it them - and when you PM'd me your reaction to opening the cards, it made giving away those cards worth it. Like I said before, "the best gift is actually giving."

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I totally agree Web! So many guys have taken the time to help me, even though they don't even know me, or probably never will.

Cheers

Good thread...

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Nice topic and great thread, worldwideme.

I am blessed that you're enjoying the v4.

Also, I'm glad to know that there's various of magicians helping magicians - this really helps in the longrun - even if it's the smallest piece of advice.

Lastly, when I said that I already have 3 of them, I lied. LOL - The only I one I had (before I even had it) was the one I gave you. I thought it would be nice and generous to give a little something to a fellow magician - one who would appreciate it them - and when you PM'd me your reaction to opening the cards, it made giving away those cards worth it. Like I said before, "the best gift is actually giving."

DUDE!!! i feel bad about this now!! :(

but it makes me appreciate them even more!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results