Make your own loops?

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
A friend recently said that he started using the million dollar knot and infinity IET as a replacement for loops. For what they are, loops are expensive. Infinity IET is twice the price as 5 loops but there's over 200feet of it, which is far more than 5 loops worth.

I don't have the million dollar knot DVD so I don't know if it's easy or not but I've tried making my own loops before and it was pretty difficult to get the right length.

What are all of your thoughts on this? Do you make your own loops or buy mesika's?

Feb 4, 2008
I tie my loops with the million dollar knot. It used to come with a spool of Pet 2.0. Don't know if it still does. Anyways, Pet 2.0 is very invisible but pretty weak. Not strong enough for the haunted pack. So if you get the download you may want to get the Infinity. With 200 feet you should be able to make appx. 200 loops.

As for size. It will take some practice but you should be able to adjust the length. It will still take about a foot of IET per loop(even though the loop is much smaller) just because of the way the loop is tied.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I don't know if you'd be interested but I hear dark blue wooley nylon thread is pretty good, it's sold at specialty sewing stores and you can get a whole lot for just a few dollars.

I've tried to tie my own loops with it but it proves to be almost impossible every time I've tried. Usually when I get the knot tied it isn't quite right anyways, and I consider my self a fair knot guy.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I tie my own, using the Million Dollar knot and Legacy thread. It's not hard once you've done it once or twice. I use about 10 iches per loop.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results