Making a stripper deck...

Oct 14, 2009
Would you say it would be possible to make a stripper deck by lining up a "stripper" card with each card of a regular deck and using an exacto knife to shape each card?

It's just that I have a lot of custom decks that have seen better days, but they would be perfectly fine if they were turned into trick decks.

Thank you!

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Well I'm not sure this would work, but you could just get a low grit sandpaper and just take the entire deck and sand it down on one side...

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
not if you have even the most basic knowledge of magic and cards....

i second the sandpaper idea, and even a power sander set on low power with fine grit would work great. You can also take a scalpel sized exacto blade and go down the deck. I made one a while back using a industrial paper cutter my dad uses at his engineering job. Went through the whole deck like it was jello, made a perfect cut and all i had to do was fine tune the end

I don't think that sandpaper would work. A deck isn't like a block of wood. It wouldn't just sand off, If anything it would problably just frey and puff up like cotton. Becuase sandpaper doesn't have any form of cutting with it, it acts as an abrasive to scrape off wood. Try with a stack of papers first for example, no point wreaking a deck if you don't need to. I think that using an exacto knife would be best.

Last edited by a moderator:

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I don't think that sandpaper would work. A deck isn't like a block of wood. It wouldn't just sand off, If anything it would problably just frey and puff up like cotton. Try with a stack of papers first for example, no point wreaking a deck if you don't need to. I think that using an exacto knife would be best.

Actually, stripper decks are usually made by sanding the side of the deck. You need to square the deck and clamp the deck together between two small pieces of wood so less than a half inch of the deck sticks out. Also, put the ad cards on the top and the bottom because those cards will get ruined. A power sander works best. If you are making your own stripper deck, you want the taper to be as slight as possible. Also, if you are experimenting, try making a Belly Stripper.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results