Mark the Fake on Youtube

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
If you really watched all last 20 seconds, annotations enabled, you would've known we actually hired and paid someone to do that for us. And everyone absolutely loved it: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=26050 :)

Sorry, I can't hold myself back from saying this, but how does this thread's title include any doubt? xD

As for the effect, 'City Of Paris', we have had numerous people -mostly if not all magicians- saying it was fake, yet we didn't write anything in the description saying the effect was actually clean or pure sleight of hand, like we do whenever it actually is and whenever we think the video includes enough evidence to actually prove that (this video didn't, and I only uploaded it because my camera broke and it was one of the few things left).

Saying it's fake is exactly the same as saying the art of magic is fake as a whole. If that's the case, then what are you doing in these forums? Just saying.;)

And all of you who try to figure out these things in public are breaking the magician's code, and if you're right or wrong, that doesn't matter, you still do.

Thanks for the interest though, and for the support of some of you.:)

PS: I'm not upset in the fact people call me a fake, feel very pleased to continue doing that. But I'm highly disappointed in the fact that magic forums and their magicians (at least, about half of them if not a majority) tend to ruin the art. For the Lord's sake, stop that!

Amen, Mark! Could not have said that better myself. When he said he "never said once in the description or in the video that it was pure sleight of hand", that's what he meant. You guys have to stop picking him apart, would you say The Flash is sleight of hand? Or is it so good that you automatically assume camera cuts? We need to stop being in the mindset of doing nothing but pure sleight of hand "which makes us better". Gimmicks do great things for us as well, you know, that sleight of hand can not accomplish.

Cheers,

Casey Rudd

Jun 1, 2009
WHy are you guys going against everything we believe in as a WHOLE? Why try to figure out tricks? THis is exactly what you're doing. Just trying to figure out the method like most spectators we encounter. Who cares if it's real or fake, it's a video. everything can be faked and we can only assume everything is fake

You know what? Your right, there really is no point in trying to figure it out. I guess I got caught up in the "hype" for a second there. I wouldn't want someone doing this to my effects, so why would I do it to his? I retracted my statement earlier because thats just not right. Thanks for bringing me back man.

Jacob

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results