Memorable Magic?

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
What is a great close up magic effect for couples that leaves them with a lasting souvenir? I know anniversary waltz is one of them but do you know any others?

Apr 17, 2013
ONE:Twist / TWO:Fusion from Axel Hecklau. Ad copy...

Tear a King and a Queen in two and fuse half King, half Queen together.

Create an impossible everlasting memory for a happy couple.

Maybe this is the perfect version of the Doc Eason Anniversary Walz plot.

Video of the effect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhpiTsfp12Q

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Regeneration by blake vogt, simply make a gimmick that melds a queen to a king or vice versa. Any fusion effect. French kiss, simply having them both put the cards in their mouths.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Regeneration by blake vogt, simply make a gimmick that melds a queen to a king or vice versa. Any fusion effect. French kiss, simply having them both put the cards in their mouths.

Thank you for your advice but since I will be performing at a formal setting, I want to avoid placing objects in my mouth.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You are correct in that objects should NOT be placed in the mouth...especially in a formal setting. I used to do it in the past when I was first starting out and it never played out well. Even card to mouth doesn't play well when you are working a restaurant gig and the table beside the one you are performing at sees a card go in your mouth and then 10 minutes later you are asking them (when you come to their table) to shuffle the cards or touch a card. It is gross and disgusting.

As far as my best effect that leaves a souvenir I would go with Star Gazer by Alan Wong.

Apr 17, 2013
I imagine a TNR with two signed halves perhaps?

That is what TWO: FUSION is. You have a blue backed king and a red backed queen signed. Tear then and fuse them so the face is half of the king and half of the queen. The back is half red half blue.

Sep 1, 2007
So far it's cards. I'm going to suggest a variant on an effect I used to do while busking. If you have the World's Greatest Magic: Thumb Tip DVD, you can probably reverse engineer a method on your own.

The magician offers to try something a little unconventional. He requires them both to participate and takes from his pocket a handful of five polished stone rings of the sort used in beaded jewelry, each one a different color. He asks the young lady to pick her favorite. The magician places all five rings in the gentleman's hand and asks him to hold them tightly for a moment. The magician then takes from his pockets a length of thick thread and a coin envelope. He wads up the thread and stuffs it into the envelope, which he then closes. He asks the lady to hold out her hands together, palms up, and places the envelope therein.

He asks the gentleman to hold his closed fist over her hands, look into her eyes, and say her name. Once he says her name, the gentleman is to open his fist and drop the five rings into her hands on top of the envelope. He does so, and when the rings are inspected, one is missing. The one the lady picked as her favorite. The magician removes the four remaining rings and asks the lady to open the envelope. Within, the ring she selected has been strung on the thread, the ends of which are now tied together to make a necklace. The magician tells the gentleman it would only be polite to place the necklace around his lady's neck. He bids them good evening with the necklace as a reminder of the bond between them.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Alan Wong's Linking Loverbands would be pretty good in that kind of situation.

If you get some self sealing lamination pouches, you could laminate the linked bands with a little branded 'congrats' card as a little gift to give the couple at the end of the night.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results