Mental/Mind-Reading/Psychological Magic - Where?

May 23, 2010
Hi folks,

I would like to know if there are any simple and awesome (t11 material) DVDs or clips on mental, mind reading, psychological magic. The only one I found on t11 is Simon Taylor's intimate reading, which I would love to learn.

Suggest.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Why does it have to be T11?

If you want to get into mentalism/mind reading magic, I'd start looking into Bob Cassidy's Fundamentals, Practical Mental Magic by Annemann, and the 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda.

A warning, though. Mentalism is frequently very simple, method-wise, and some people are disappointed by that. To perform mentalism and mind reading well, you need to be a very strong performer.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Why does it have to be T11?

If you want to get into mentalism/mind reading magic, I'd start looking into Bob Cassidy's Fundamentals, Practical Mental Magic by Annemann, and the 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda.

A warning, though. Mentalism is frequently very simple, method-wise, and some people are disappointed by that. To perform mentalism and mind reading well, you need to be a very strong performer.

I agree with ChristopherT. As others have stated before, 13 Steps can be overwhelming if it is the first mentalism piece you buy. I own it and love it. It will really spark your creativity. You can try Osterlinds Mind Mysteries series. Just look around and don't be too thoroughly disappointed in what you find. Mentalism is by far my favorite thing to perform. Also, check out PK effects. That is my sole reason for performing.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Forum searches are a mentalists best friend.

Basically here is the nutshell version of how to become a mentalist:
buy fundmentals and read it
complain about it
reread it
realise how good it truly is
spend lots of money on books and to a lesser extent DVDs
take something from each of these sources but make everything you do entirely yours
be sucessful and have fun with the audience because they are just as much the show as you are

Mar 28, 2010
Maryland
Forum searches are a mentalists best friend.

Basically here is the nutshell version of how to become a mentalist:
buy fundmentals and read it
complain about it
reread it
realise how good it truly is
spend lots of money on books and to a lesser extent DVDs
take something from each of these sources but make everything you do entirely yours
be sucessful and have fun with the audience because they are just as much the show as you are

Where can you get Fundamentals? I can't find it..

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA

LOL. I laugh because I don't think it is that simple and as D ICE R will attest, I asked the same questions you are right now only a couple of months ago. His response is perfect. You really can't find Fundamentals in a hard book copy because it is so rare, which leaves only one answer:

http://www.lybrary.com/fundamentals-p-562.html?manufacturers_id=41

It is worth the thirty bucks, and this is coming from the guy that posted this:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=27085

I did my first trial of Mentalism the other day, and it was a huge hit, thanks to Fundamentals.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results