Mentalism - Zap

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I was wondering if Zap is worth the money.

I'm looking into mentalism, and already have a few books lined up to purchase (any suggestions you have would be appreciated as well); Is Zap worth the money - is it really "the best"? What kind of applications are there to using it? E.g., is it simply a paralysis-like induction, or is the subconscious open to suggestion?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1886

Thanks for your time.

Well,

First of all, Zap Is something that shouldnt just be overlooked,

It requires time an patience, And comes with a booklet and the dvd, and to fully understand how it works you must watch and read both items atleast 3 times.,

When i bought it i expected it to be like a trick, For example like a pressure point that you push, But no, Its all about confidence and conviction.

I have been doing it for about a month and it works fine, As long as you have no doubt about it.

Its a state of hypnosis, Not knocking somebody out or anything,

The dvd goes through exactly what Zap is, How it works, and WHY it works, You cannot practice this, watching the dvd IS your practice.

I could go on forever, But really, Its up too you. I reccomend it if you are serious about it, If you are not serious and doubt it will work, then DONT buy it, Only if your commited and really want to experience Zap properly

zap is good. it goes thru alot of basic hypnosis. it is based on confidence.
if you want to do hypnosis you can pick up reality is plastic. its basically the same stuff, but it doesnt go into the confidence aspect of it that much. its not a trick, it is hypnosis, a rapid version of it. I have performed it on people and it takes alot of practice to get it right. its a skill, like riding a bike. its a good beginners resource to hypnosis. if you have the money to buy it with, go for it. Hon is very supportive (so is jay) of this product. You can probably send them a message on their myspace pages and ask them more about it. And if you do have problems with zap, they will talk and walk you through everystep of the way. even call you on the fone if you need it.

Feb 24, 2009
California
Well,

First of all, Zap Is something that shouldnt just be overlooked,

It requires time an patience, And comes with a booklet and the dvd, and to fully understand how it works you must watch and read both items atleast 3 times.,

When i bought it i expected it to be like a trick, For example like a pressure point that you push, But no, Its all about confidence and conviction.

I have been doing it for about a month and it works fine, As long as you have no doubt about it.

Its a state of hypnosis, Not knocking somebody out or anything,

The dvd goes through exactly what Zap is, How it works, and WHY it works, You cannot practice this, watching the dvd IS your practice.

I could go on forever, But really, Its up too you. I reccomend it if you are serious about it, If you are not serious and doubt it will work, then DONT buy it, Only if your commited and really want to experience Zap properly

Zap, and Jay Noblezada have been getting alot of heat on other Forums. Many professional hypnotists feel this product is dangerous. Simply because some people who go under can experence a psycotic episode. Which can be very traumatizing for the patient or in this case target. The dispute is that this product does not teach you how to handle a situation like this, if it were to come up. I can understand the point, but I also believe that with everything there is precautions and mearsures to weigh and a slight risk. The fact is... It's out there and people are buying it. I sold three this last week. I like the product and yes while there may be some concern with safety. I feel the risks with this product are minimal.

What are your thoughts on this?

- My thoughts!

Zap, and Jay Noblezada have been getting alot of heat on other Forums. Many professional hypnotists feel this product is dangerous. Simply because some people who go under can experence a psycotic episode. Which can be very traumatizing for the patient or in this case target. The dispute is that this product does not teach you how to handle a situation like this, if it were to come up. I can understand the point, but I also believe that with everything there is precautions and mearsures to weigh and a slight risk. The fact is... It's out there and people are buying it. I sold three this last week. I like the product and yes while there may be some concern with safety. I feel the risks with this product are minimal.

What are your thoughts on this?

- My thoughts!

Well, I wouldnt say it is risky, I wud think that other hypnotists are Jealous because they didnt think of that idea or cant use something as quick as that, I wouldnt see any risks, aslong as you do it correctly, you should be alright

Dec 14, 2007
I make a good part of my living as a stage hypnotist. I do real shows, for real people. Throwing people down unexpectedly on a city street has no appeal to me - so I am anything but jealous that someone has decided to profit off it it.

I also think most hypnotists have an over inflated sense of what their skill set can accomplish, and most of the time end up deceiving themselves worse than a fat magician who thinks he looks good in spandex.

Having said that - if you do this on someone and it goes wrong (or they choose to claim that it went wrong), you might as well kiss your ass goodbye. Yes, almost anything in life is dangerous, but in this case you are telling people that you are going to mess with their mind (essentially). If they choose to claim that their mind was messed with in any sort of permanent way, you will pay. The insidious part of this is the nature of the claim - unlike a broken bone or torn shirt, the accusation is subjective and it will be easy to find enough expert witnesses (thanks to 'confident hypnotists' who have spent a lifetime convincing people they can get inside someone's head and cure their most debilitating ills) to back up their claim. The very claims and confidence you exude will be your own undoing.

"My son has been failing in school ever since Mr. Street Magic Hypnotist Zapped him. Looks at his grades now. Someone needs to pay for the career he would have had."

"I can't sleep at night after you zapped me. I have nightmares that I'm falling. Someone should pay for my pain and suffering."

"When I was zapped I think the hypnotist touched me in an inappropriate way. No one was around."

"I was really embarrassed in front of my friends at school when I was Zapped. The humiliation has caused me pain.

It might read funny, but all of these accusations have been appeared on court dockets.

Look, I'm not interested in telling you what to do or what not to do. I was "hypnotizing" people when I was in 6th grade. In truth, I was being confident and they were being gullible. But that was a different era. When you fell off your neighbors porch and broke your arm, you didn't even THINK of suing. Today people are looking to cash in.

When you choose to Zap someone, you are opening yourself up to liability. Unless you have insurance and/or some sort of certification as a clinical expert, you will have an almost impossible task defending your claim that
Mr. Super Powerful Zapparific Street Hypnotist" could not have affected their mental, emotional, or physical state.

Some things are smart. Some things are stupid.

A high school or college aged person performing Zapped on strangers is stupid.

I rant, because I care.

Brad Henderson

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I wouldnt say it is risky, I wud think that other hypnotists are Jealous

And thus you immediately render your entire opinion invalid. If you have to resort to that rhetorical device that quickly, you have no argument, you have no point, and you have no business telling anyone what is good or bad in hypnotism.

To me, Zap is just another cheap cash-in pandering to the street magic kids who value shock and screams over actual wonder and mystery. And being taught by Jay Noblezada, you know automatically that it's just Penguin trying to get more of your money. I'm sorry*, but when it comes to suggestion and hypnotic commands, Jay couldn't suggest an all-meat buffet to a starving wolf.

*No he isn't

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Jay and anything by Penguin have usually go bad reviews not just for their products but for their customer service and the way they do business. (if something says it "shipped" to them it means it MIGHT ship next week or the week after.)

It looks like there are a bunch of good information here already.
I own zap.
And I have been into hypnosis for two years now.
And this by far is the best for any beginner, if all they want to do is learn how to hypnotize someone.
I love the technique, its simple. And its based on one simple thing, confidence! If anyone has any questions about the DVD, please fell free to pm me, because I probably wont see this thread again!

Feb 24, 2009
California
I make a good part of my living as a stage hypnotist. I do real shows, for real people. Throwing people down unexpectedly on a city street has no appeal to me - so I am anything but jealous that someone has decided to profit off it it.

I also think most hypnotists have an over inflated sense of what their skill set can accomplish, and most of the time end up deceiving themselves worse than a fat magician who thinks he looks good in spandex.

Having said that - if you do this on someone and it goes wrong (or they choose to claim that it went wrong), you might as well kiss your ass goodbye. Yes, almost anything in life is dangerous, but in this case you are telling people that you are going to mess with their mind (essentially). If they choose to claim that their mind was messed with in any sort of permanent way, you will pay. The insidious part of this is the nature of the claim - unlike a broken bone or torn shirt, the accusation is subjective and it will be easy to find enough expert witnesses (thanks to 'confident hypnotists' who have spent a lifetime convincing people they can get inside someone's head and cure their most debilitating ills) to back up their claim. The very claims and confidence you exude will be your own undoing.

"My son has been failing in school ever since Mr. Street Magic Hypnotist Zapped him. Looks at his grades now. Someone needs to pay for the career he would have had."

"I can't sleep at night after you zapped me. I have nightmares that I'm falling. Someone should pay for my pain and suffering."

"When I was zapped I think the hypnotist touched me in an inappropriate way. No one was around."

"I was really embarrassed in front of my friends at school when I was Zapped. The humiliation has caused me pain.

It might read funny, but all of these accusations have been appeared on court dockets.

Look, I'm not interested in telling you what to do or what not to do. I was "hypnotizing" people when I was in 6th grade. In truth, I was being confident and they were being gullible. But that was a different era. When you fell off your neighbors porch and broke your arm, you didn't even THINK of suing. Today people are looking to cash in.

When you choose to Zap someone, you are opening yourself up to liability. Unless you have insurance and/or some sort of certification as a clinical expert, you will have an almost impossible task defending your claim that
Mr. Super Powerful Zapparific Street Hypnotist" could not have affected their mental, emotional, or physical state.

Some things are smart. Some things are stupid.

A high school or college aged person performing Zapped on strangers is stupid.

I rant, because I care.

Brad Henderson

All very very good points Brad.

I will admit, My knee jerk reaction was wow I want this... Then I was thinking if I were in need of a heart transplant. Would I excuse my Surgeon who has the proper training, knowledge, and success, for a guy who watched a DVD on how to perform this said surgery. Hell no!

- My thoughts

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results