Mentalism

Sep 1, 2017
So i usually do card magic but i wanted to do Mentalism but not really serious read your mind kinda thing so what do you think i should buy
Is 13 steps to Mentalism for beginners??

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
That isn't the first book you should start with.

Try Fulves Self Working Mentalism or Annemann's Practical Mental Magic.

Probably your best bet is John Bannon's Mentalismo which is card tricks with a mentalism presentation.

Reactions: Keo_M

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah

Probably your best bet is John Bannon's Mentalismo which is card tricks with a mentalism presentation.

Oh man! That's the good stuff!

If you are more casual about it and just want some mentalism themed magic Jay Sankey has some fun products. Hemispheres, 22 Blows to the Head and if you can stand the humor Boris Wild has some real gems.

Jay's DVDs are always packed with material his humor doesn't jive with all and he hasn't avoided controversy in his career. Also the mentalism he performs is very magical, less of the serious mentalism variety.

Mar 31, 2017
Cibolo

I agree with this, although 13 Steps is an invaluable tool I think there is way too much information if you are dabbling or beginning mentalism.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Two pedantic points:

Jay Sankey doesn't do mentalism, he does mental magic.

There's no such thing as "dabbling in mentalism". That is also mental magic.

There's nothing wrong with mental magic - but I feel it's important to understand the theatrical differences between the arts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results