Mind Mysteries

Apr 7, 2009
I have been considering getting mind mysteries by richard osterlind but was wanting opinions or reviews of anyone who might have it. i know his name is highly revered in association with mentalism but i just wanted to get some outside opinions before i purchase it. thanks in advance.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Hi !

Can't say much because I only have volume 2 (breakthrough card system), but I have to say that what is taught on this DVD looks like REAL magic. When I do the challenge mind readind (which is actually a part of my act when I work as a magician), the reactions are incredible. They just can't believe it.

The card system is really esay to learn, and once you get used to it you can prepare any deck in minuts (go to the bathroom, etc...).

Really one of the best purchases I've ever made. If you don't have enough money, at least pick this DVD !

Jan 10, 2008
I sport all 7 volumes of the Mind Mysteries series and it is fantastic. 90% of the DVDs material is strong mentalism (Mind reading, metal bending, mentalism with cards, stopping watches, etc.) It's basically like owning The 13 Steps to Mentalism in DVD format. The other 10% is his renditions of classic effects that are unbelievable, (Signed Quarter in bottle, Card in Cigarette, an unbelievable signed torn and restored newspaper, only to name a few)

Richard Osterlind's teaching is top-notch and the real value of the series is to study how he interacts with his audience and his stagecraft.

Apr 7, 2009
Ty for your opinions. I definitely think i will get the series then. one last question, industrial you said the series is like 13 steps in dvd format, well i was planning on getting 13 steps as well. Do you think i should still get it or is it just wasting money to get both?

Jan 10, 2008
The 13 Steps to Mentalism is not only very inexpensive, but it is hailed by many professional mentalists as the "mentalist's bible". In my humble opinion you should definitely get it.

Also, check out Theo Anemman's Practical Mental Effects, it's no more than 15 dollars and it's overflowing with really strong mentalism with minimal props.

Thanks for taking my opinions to heart.

Sincerely,
David

Sep 1, 2007
13 steps is a great introduction. However, I HIGHLY recommend you pick up Annemann's book Practical Mental Magic and Richard Osterlind's Easy to Master Mental Miracles dvd set. That material alone would last you a lifetime.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results