Mirage, latest effect rom KP

Oct 24, 2008
So...

I've invented a new effect, a mirculous manifestation, but am not completely sure about selling it. I need feedback first. I am willing to send a free quick write-up of the method to anyone interested, so I can get your feedback, to help me decide on selling it and producing a tutorial video and DVD. Just send me a pm. The video is a lil shocking, and I tell the truth, there are no camera effects.

It's called Mirage, see it here:
http://vimeo.com/3225841

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
France
Can you post it on youtube or vimeo instead of myspace because i don't really want to create an account just for your video , please

Thank you

Oct 24, 2008
Sorry, I put the wrong link. You don't have to have a myspace account to view a myspace video. But anyway, I did put one on Vimeo. Check the link out now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
pretty sweet man. I'd like to take you up on your offer, then I can give a better opinion.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
After reviewing the method, I must say, this has potential.

One thing Kevin forgot to mention was that it uses no gimmicks, extra props, or anything like that. Just you and a bottle of water.

I can definitely see this being used in front of an audience, as it's suited. A huge crowd wouldn't be the most appropriate, but more of a smaller audience than large.

Of course, the method will take practice. And I'm not reviewing this as someone who's practised it, but it certainly will take time to get it down.

It's definitely something I'm interested in.

Thanks,

-Sam H

mirage review

The effect: It is a flash appearance of a bottle up to two liters. I got the standard write up, but he is going to release it as a dvd and a download.

The method:
This is really a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of it. It is a fresh idea and I believe it to be original. There is no gimmick or extra prop and it is almost impromptu.

Angles: This is a little angle sensitive but it can be overcome if you follow his instructions. Not a big problem.

Suggested performance type: This wouldn't be good for a huge crowd, But for a group of less than 5 or 6 people would be good. I think it is more of a stage effect, but it can be adjust for a close up performance.
Afterthoughts:
I will be using it. it is simple,visual, and really stunning if you perform it right.
I think he should sell it. I will buy it even though I already Know the method, so I can get a couple of extra tips. I have performed this only once and it is great.

Good Job Kevin.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Effect: You turn 360 showing no sleeves, gimmicks, loads, or anything out of the ordinary. You show a table clean and empty. You once again show that you dont have any loads on you. No bumps. No Lumps. Nothing odd. You cover the table for a split second with your hands and produce a bottle of water on the table. Everything can be examined. Nothing to hide. End 100% clean.

Method: This is an extremely simple yet untouched idea. I have never seen anything of this sort. Its extremely impromptu. Got a bottle? Got a table? Perform right away. No gimmick, No Setup (there is, but it cannot be considered as one), No extra props. There are no hard sleight of hand, but it does require a bit of practice. It works with all bottles and all tables. You can basically product any bottle, no matter the volume. It just requires a little practice and there we go.

Angles: There is a bit problem with the angles but what trick doesnt. There is basically a 130 degree front angle which you can perform without hesitation. If you control it well it is probably a 140 degree angle. Angles of height usuallly wont be a problem unless you do it badly.

Overall: This is quite the clever trick. Like all of KPs products, you will be smacking your head of not realizing this method. Its simple and genius. It does not recommend repeated performance but I am sure the first time would blow minds.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results