Motivating movments and effects

Nov 8, 2017
Hello peapole. In the show i am creating i am planing on motivating every movement and effect that happens. Tommt wonder talks about why the magican does stuff. For example why would the magican produce a candle only to make it vanish then prosuce it then vanish it agin. The only reason a magican would do that is to show off that he is capable of doing it. Then tommy says and showcases how you can add acting to your magic sush as the candle just vanishes and reapers and the magican has no control of it. So what do you guys thinck about motivating effects and movements. It would be hard thogh to make a shiw whith a 100% motivated effects. Now what do you thinck would be a motivation for the tnr newspaper WHY would anyone in real life tear up a newspaper and put it back togheter. The ideas i have come up whith is that magican maby reads something and gets angry he tears the paper upp and it just restores by itself or he tears it up to make it fit into a office trash can but why would he pick it up an restore it agin maby to read something re-read something. What do yall thinck about this topic. And mitivating mivements in talking about why does the magican quickly reach into his pocket after he made that coin vanish or why did that magican randomly look trough the card and put 4 card on the top.

Sep 22, 2017
The motivation is pretty much always to amaze the audience. when you say about putting you hand in your pocket after disappearing a coin or put 4 cards on top of the deck, we usually use misdirection or some sort of cover to disguise the movement

Reactions: Tecum
Nov 8, 2017
Od course but motivating movements nakes your magic more deceptive and motivating effects makes your magic feel more real. Tommy wonders lecture is on youtube it is great i recomend you whatch it if you havent already(im not saying that to be rude)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I find I find the motivations for what I do in my script which usually consists of a story. Some motivations are found under the cover of other natural actions - doing a steal as part of squaring a deck.

Reactions: Tecum
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results