Aos

Mar 6, 2008
its not too long
you just kept doing the same trick over and over again
its boring
the whole point is that you have to keep trying to top yourself
otherwise the routine is flat and uninteresting

Sep 1, 2007
If the ACR was an XCM sequence, it would look like that.

Which aint a good thing in my book! There's no "magic" in it. If you're not going for that then fair enough.

Jan 11, 2008
france
this looked very flashy and "cool" it has an XCM feel to it, you have all the moves down and you know how to peform it.I have to say you are extremely talented in sleight of hand ;)

however, right now in this video it looks like your peforming it in a "showing off" fashion which is why it has an XCM feel to it. If you wish to present it as magic you are missing 3 crucial points:

1. presentation and patter
remember knowing the moves and how the trick is done is only half the battle, the other half is knowing how to present it and intensify them, look at david blaines ACR, very simple yet he gets very impressive reactions because of his presentation and patter.

2. spectators
magic is nothing without an audiences reactions, doing it infront of a webcam can help you pass time and is great for practicing, this way you can examine your moves and see how they look, but without the audience reacting this just reminds me of a flourishing video.

3. too fast
this is the main reason why this feels like a flourish video, it feels like your doing things fast in order to show off how fast you can do it and your slieght of hand ability, you need to let the audience realize what happens after every move.

4.too much
imagine you are a laymen, the ACR is tricky because laymen do like it, but if you do it 200 times it loses its charm.

slow you routine down, never use a move that looks the same to the audience twice in a row, this way the card goes back to the top in visually different ways each time for the adience, dont make it too long, improvise a patter or write a script if your not good at this, go out there and peform :)

hope this helped

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
It wasn't magical. It was showing of with a technique. As said earlier, there was too much repetition, it was way too fast, too many jumps. Also, your beginning was a lot cleaner than end. Ambitious Card Routine is doing same effect again and again, so there can't be a surprises. If there is no surprises in the routine, it must have a lot of suspense to be effective.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results