My Ambitous Card Routine (the new guy)

Oct 23, 2008
Canada Ontario
Hey guys my name is Tom I am 16 years old and I have been currentley been doing magic for over 2 yeares now. The second year of magic I have been really slackin barely practicing now im beggining to practice more often on magic and some what on flourishes(during the year I have been slacking off I have been practice flourishes more:p). So Ill be postin new videos soon since I have the day off today and Ill have a lot of time :p Well heres the link enjoy!

P.S Sorry for bad audio quality the speakers are really bad :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iW5lgC4SjI

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hi,

Welcome to theory11!

That was a pretty good routine, I learned a lot from it, it also gave me some ideas on new moves//presentation.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

I look forward to seeing you around!

-Sanj

Oct 23, 2008
Canada Ontario
Thanks for the feed back guys really appreciate it:)! I will be posting more videos soon since well.. I got the whole day off today so might as well post some more tricks while im at it again thanks for the nice comments and the welcomes:)

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
To be honest, I didn't really like it. Not trying to be mean, but there are two main reasons why this ACR doesn't really do it for me...

1: There is no real logical flow, except for the fact that every stage, the "card comes to the top." This is a common problem with all ACRs now a days. True, many people like to add as many stages as possible, but that doesn't make it any more magical. You can have a BLOW away, amazing ACR with 3-5 stages. So, make each stage more magical by slowing down, perfecting the technique, and making the patter flow from stage to stage.

2: Your DL could use some work. It is quite telegraphed, and it is quite noticeably different from when you are doing a single card turn over.

Your classic pass however is very beautiful. Great work on that one =)

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The phases don't progress in a logical sequence, the first pass seems like it would weaken all of the phases except maybe the bend rise, and maybe the multiple packet rise. I recommend checking out Tommy Wonder's routine on youtube, his routine has a logical flow which get more and more impressive as he continues. Your cardvhandling is good but the routine needs work.

In reference to specific points I didn't like I would say that flipping the deck over to add on cards was unmotivated.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeahh... To sum up these guys, it feels too fast, too long, and it looks like you're just performing a sleight demonstration - how many different ways you can bring it to the top. At the moment it feels like that, rather than magic.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
The phases don't progress in a logical sequence, the first pass seems like it would weaken all of the phases except maybe the bend rise, and maybe the multiple packet rise. I recommend checking out Tommy Wonder's routine on youtube, his routine has a logical flow which get more and more impressive as he continues. Your cardvhandling is good but the routine needs work.

In reference to specific points I didn't like I would say that flipping the deck over to add on cards was unmotivated.

Quoted.

Your double lift needs a lot of work.
I would also work a lot on your classic pass before you perform for spectators. Try a classic dribble pass, or maybe a straddle dribble pass. Those are a bit more naturally invisible than a classic pass and/or classic riffle pass.

Ben

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Agreed with most people above. I would also comment on how your Marlo Tilt was extremely obvious with you playing around with the top card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results