My Business Card -- Feedback Please

Jan 11, 2008
Hey everyone...I have been performing quite a bit lately, Party's, Birthdays, Kids Birthdays and at Restaurants, and Street! people seem to have been asking me if I have a card so they can keep and hand out to their friends. So this had prompted me to get onto designing one. So here is the first one I designed last night. Just wanting you're opinion and feedback...weather to add or take off.

I took the photo myself, (it is my of course) and did the designing myself as well.

To View Click Here

Click here for the updated one with all the critique changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Looks nice!

Only criticism I have is change the number "2" into the actual word "to."

And second, be consistent in the phone number. If you have parens () around the digits in the second number, have them in the first.

Other than that, looks good!

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Welcome to the forums!

I think its great, but its gonna cost quite a bit to get that printed. Black background with text effects isnt gonna look good on the price and quality pirnted

1. "you're" needs to be "your"
2. Get rid of "2" and put in "to"
3. Get rid of Any Event and put "YOUR EVENT!"
4. Like mentioned, keep the numbers consistent. They look to confusing as it stands anyways.
5. And get a REAL email address...no gmail, hotmail, aol, etc. You can get something like jon (at) jondoemagic (dot) com for as little as $10/year.

Best.
Steve

Sep 2, 2007
In addition to what everybody else suggested, I would substitute "Parties" for "Party's". Additionally, next to "Any Event" -- or as Steve mentioned "Your Event" -- I would suggest placing the smiley face graphic, to be consistent. Further, instead of "Call Cory Now On," I would recommend replacing it with "Call Cory Now At".

While I am nitpicking at the minutia, every bit of professionalism can and, many times, does make a difference. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
JTM

Jan 11, 2008
Thank you for the quick reply, appreciate it. I have just re-uploaded the image, with the new updates. As said any professionalism is good and will help me. I will try and get a email address of my own as said by Steve, which will also give more of a professional look. Thanks again.

keep the criticism going, and feed back.
Thanks Corey!

Sep 1, 2007
Speaking of hosting,
Here ya go!
www.bluehost.com

its like 5 dolalr per month for a lot of bandwidth and a lot of space. Unlimited domains and a lot of emails.

You could create 20 different wesites and still have room/bandwidth.

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
It's too noisy. There is no heirachy in it. If you're seriously going to be using this card, get a proper picture taken of yourself ( the picture you have is a good idea) but if you're going to be getting these printed - you'll need a decent resolution for the picture, which is something cellphones don't provide.

It looks evil. Are you a vampire ? Clean it up a bit. Are you a dark mysterious magician ? Try make it reflect your personality. Instead of putting parties, birthdays, restaurats - YOUR EVENT ~! Why don't you just put " Any occasion " Unless you are restricting yourself to just birthdays parties and restaurants, if such is the case my mistake. You don't want people thinking, oh **** on the business card it says he only does parties, birthdays and restaurant work, looks like we will have to find someone else for our funeral. Get my drift ?

Positives are, that you have a good idea with the layout and the image composition. The eyeflow works really well. Make your name bigger though friend. If there is just ONE thing you want people to remember, it's your name.

I'm a graphic design student. Everyday I go through life critiqing things that I see, not trying to be harsh to you, just trying to help you promote yourself properly.

Best of luck

Jupiter

Hey everyone...I have been performing quite a bit lately, Party's, Birthdays, Kids Birthdays and at Restaurants, and Street! people seem to have been asking me if I have a card so they can keep and hand out to their friends. So this had prompted me to get onto designing one. So here is the first one I designed last night. Just wanting you're opinion and feedback...weather to add or take off.

I took the photo myself, (it is my of course) and did the designing myself as well.

To View Click Here

I would get rid of "The" right before Close up Magician. Close-up magic says it all.:)

Jan 11, 2008
It's too noisy. There is no heirachy in it. If you're seriously going to be using this card, get a proper picture taken of yourself ( the picture you have is a good idea) but if you're going to be getting these printed - you'll need a decent resolution for the picture, which is something cellphones don't provide.

It looks evil. Are you a vampire ? Clean it up a bit. Are you a dark mysterious magician ? Try make it reflect your personality. Instead of putting parties, birthdays, restaurats - YOUR EVENT ~! Why don't you just put " Any occasion " Unless you are restricting yourself to just birthdays parties and restaurants, if such is the case my mistake. You don't want people thinking, oh **** on the business card it says he only does parties, birthdays and restaurant work, looks like we will have to find someone else for our funeral. Get my drift ?

Positives are, that you have a good idea with the layout and the image composition. The eyeflow works really well. Make your name bigger though friend. If there is just ONE thing you want people to remember, it's your name.

I'm a graphic design student. Everyday I go through life critiqing things that I see, not trying to be harsh to you, just trying to help you promote yourself properly.

Best of luck

Jupiter

wow..lots of intake there. good though!
yer I understand where your coming from, it's just TEST 1 out of many I will make before getting anything printed. I am still a little bit unsure what type of look I want to give myself, but I will play around some more. I am actually a model and my last photographer had seen me do magic and a little bit of XCM, and said he would be interested in taking some photos free of charge. So there is the professional side of the image taken care of. The reason I only had the options for where I'd perform on there was, they are the places and most common places I do perform at however you are right I want the experience and I am open for doing ANY EVENT. (though funeral, might pass on that one, unless it's necessary)

The Name, thought of yesterday so not sure weather thats a keep or throw away yet, kinda unique i suppose. Shuffler just spelt differently!

again thanks for the constructive criticism.

-Corey

Sep 4, 2007
just like jupiter im also a graphic designe.
just few adjustment and it will become better.

1. why don't you epmhasize more on your name since your promoting yourself. make it stand out from the other text.

2. just like your name. also emphasize more of your phone number so your client can notice the number easly.

3. maybe you can change the smiley face to spades or clubs to suite you as a magician.

4. try to use other color coz its too dark, maybe you can use blue fading to black background.

thats some of my suggestion. hope it helps!

JameS

Jan 11, 2008
Ok just did an update with a small change, click for the second image one first post. a bit of a blue glow around the text and brighter. larger name as well. ace spade, clubs and diamond instead of smiley graphic.

Dec 28, 2007
Looks really good.
You might want to put the text on seperate lines. Just makes it easier to read.

If you shop around print companies and ask if they have digital print systems like Indigo. These are like giant desk top printers that have very high quality and can print on good card stock. You dont have to worry about all of the setup costs of traditional lithographic printing.
Make sure the card has a 2mm border around the card size so you dont get a white border when they are cut. If you can save the image as a JPG the digital guys will be able to sort out the layout easily.

Jan 2, 2008
i think it looks great even the pick looks good most people would take that over the others you should put that as a block in the news paper :D

just like jupiter im also a graphic designe.
just few adjustment and it will become better.

1. why don't you epmhasize more on your name since your promoting yourself. make it stand out from the other text.

2. just like your name. also emphasize more of your phone number so your client can notice the number easly.

3. maybe you can change the smiley face to spades or clubs to suite you as a magician.

4. try to use other color coz its too dark, maybe you can use blue fading to black background.

thats some of my suggestion. hope it helps!

JameS

I'm sorry Mr. Edgegrip but I as well have my Associates in Graphic Design, and as a fellow designer it's all about the detail and grammar so I just want to clear some of your errors up. First it's (Designer) not (Designe). Second it's (Emphasize) not (Epmhasize). Third it's (Cause) not (Coz). Then you should capitalize (thats) on "thats some of my suggestion", also it's (suggestions) with an "s". "hope" is capitalized as well. While to some this may seem harsh but to someone that really works in the field they truly understand where I'm coming from. You my friend don't work in Graphic Design and you shouldn't claim to. These are mistakes we DON"T make period. Sorry but I went to school and worked really hard to let this one slip by.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results