My Busking Experience (4th Week In)

Jan 10, 2008
Man i'm so glad to hear this news, with this attitude and love of the experience it's almost going to be impossible not to at least make some money, if not quite a bit. By the way, that Jimmy Talksalot book I ordered when I read your post about 5 days ago and had it shipped overnight. I got it 2 days ago and you are not kidding, that guy is awesome! Thanks for recommending the book and continue to do what you do!

Sincerely,
David

Jan 10, 2008
I'm just shocked that i've never heard of him, i'm from New Orleans after all, but he's a genius! Have you ever heard of Dante? He's from New Orleans too and a super nice guy but i've never tried to see if he has a book out. Between that Jimmy Talksalot book and your marvelous attitude i'm seriously thinking about trying this myself!

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
Ha ha, thank you very much man. I'm telling you guys', You NEED to read Jimmy Talksalot's book. It's simply amazing. He knows what he is been talking about and has been making his living off of street performing.

Some of you have had the....experience...of watching me mess around with Zach at Hollywood Blvd. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT think of that as my busking routine of the routine I usually do. Some of the lines are used in my routine, but for the most part I was out there messing around to entertain myself. The video doesn't show that the audience did in fact applaud for me at the end after we moved and that they were enjoying themselves and laughing.

Anyway- I'm going busking again this weekend.

industrialchild- I'm glad you find my attitude on this encouraging, other people find me overbearing or "rude" even. I'm glad you can see how much of an advocate I am of just GOING OUT THERE and performing. You learn by doing. You also learn by doing things wrongly, you learn what not to do. So I STRONGLY encourage you to just think of 3 tricks that you have that can play on the streets, and just GO OUT THERE and improv it, have fun- sculpt your routine from there.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Oh man, I sure do miss busking. It's been a couple years.

Glad to see that you're having an awesome time and making a decent amount of money. Busking is probably one of the best ways to test your performing skills.

Anyway, how does Jimmy Talksalot's book compare to Gazzo's The Art of Krowd Keeping?

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
They are both different books. Jimmy's book goes into much more detail about sidewalk performances and experiences and what works exactly. I found that Art of Krowd Keeping had a lot of really good general information. I perfer Jimmy's book.

So I went out busking yesterday, and managed to make a little over 120 dollars in about 3 hours. It was a good day, filled with good performances, a few larger shows, a few smaller ones, but very good hats. I'm contemplating going out again today, I very well might if I can get a ride- stupid bus doesn't run near my house on the weekend =/-

GET OUT THERE GUYS, you won't regret it

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I saw a guy busking not to long ago and how he got peoples attention was just by starting the routine. he started talking to nobody and within a minute he had about seven people come up to... but it was a small town.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
the problem in springfield IL is that there isnt a whole lot of foot trafic. I just need to drive around on the weekend and look for where the peeps are.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
WELL, it's been quite a while since summer for my street performing. I've missed it quite a bit and I've finally found time in between my school work to do some more!

Bad news- haven't been street performing cause of school

Good news- 4.3 GPA! and a new trick in my routine!

I'm going to try Tony Clark's In N Out Rope escape as my crowd draw and first trick, then spongeballs with a kid, and then as my finale Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck.

I'll let you guys know how it goes this weekend! Should be a good weekend back

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results