My Playing Card Collection

Although I envy your collection (truly i do), why buy so many decks and then keep them in their original factory seal? Alot of my friends do this but I believe decks are supposed to be used. So, why buy so many? I'm not trying to be critical, just an honest question.

Thanks

Dom

Sep 2, 2007
Although I envy your collection (truly i do), why buy so many decks and then keep them in their original factory seal? Alot of my friends do this but I believe decks are supposed to be used. So, why buy so many? I'm not trying to be critical, just an honest question.

Thanks

Dom

I appreciate your question. I have many normal bicycle decks because I use 2-3every couple days. I have alot of other decks that are sealed ( guardians, Shadow masters ect.) because it is easier and cheaper to buy more than one deck at a time. Lastly, I have A sealed brick of white centurions simply because of their rareity and to preserve their value.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Holy crap, that's a lot of decks. My collection consists of about 20... and most are crappy...

Feel like giving me one of your white cents? (We can make a deal...)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I agree with Evolution here. I have a lot of unopened Guardians, Vipers, etc. just sitting around, because fo the longest time, I would buy them and then put them away, almost afraid to use them becuase I didn't want to wear them out and all that jazz. A few months ago I came to the realization that they're cardboard with a smooth finish- nothing more, nothing less. And their purpose- to be used. So I no longer have that "fear" of using custom cards, and my cards are finally getting used. I didn't watch your video, because to be rude but honest, I don't care what cards you have, but I just had the urge to post my thoughts on the subject of "deck collecting".

I agree with Evolution here. I have a lot of unopened Guardians, Vipers, etc. just sitting around, because fo the longest time, I would buy them and then put them away, almost afraid to use them becuase I didn't want to wear them out and all that jazz. A few months ago I came to the realization that they're cardboard with a smooth finish- nothing more, nothing less. And their purpose- to be used. So I no longer have that "fear" of using custom cards, and my cards are finally getting used. I didn't watch your video, because to be rude but honest, I don't care what cards you have, but I just had the urge to post my thoughts on the subject of "deck collecting".

Adjones,

In addition to that statement in which we agree on, I think that the better magician is the one who practices hours upon hours perfecting his sleights and flourishes using 1 single deck of blue bicycles is miles better than someone who has 1 million decks of cards. Does anyone else agree? Beyond my exaggeration of course :)

Dom Dillon

Dec 23, 2008
Adjones,

In addition to that statement in which we agree on, I think that the better magician is the one who practices hours upon hours perfecting his sleights and flourishes using 1 single deck of blue bicycles is miles better than someone who has 1 million decks of cards. Does anyone else agree? Beyond my exaggeration of course :)

Dom Dillon

I don't find that true, just beacuase someone else has alot of cards doesn't mean they don't perfect their slieghts with a single deck. I for one have alot of cards beacuase I started collecting, however when ever it's practice time, my Masters deck does the job. Personal likes don't decide whom is better then whom, wouldn't you agree?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I agree with Dom. Much better spend money on other essentials instead of a bazillion decks.

I mean, think of how many trees you're abusing?

But seriously, i'm with Dom Dillan.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results