My Super Easy Triumph

Hi guys

I'm been messing around with a new/short triumph routine - I say new 'cos it's new to me and I came up with it although it's so easy I'm sure it's been done before.

I'm yet to master the push through shuffle cleanly and I have Zarrow shuffle down perfect. I also enjoyed Chris Kenners "simple triumph" but had seen it before - but he's still a great teacher and his version is great anyway. Plus Daniel Garcia's Nacho Mama's Triumph is awesome.

My new way I've been messing around with (please tell me if someone's already published it so I can chek it out) is impromptu and uses only one slight - ***********. Just incase it is published I won't say anymore (don't want to get into trouble for revealing) but anyone familiar with the move can figue it out.

So I just want to know if anyone already does it, will try it, tell me why it will/won't work and if it's published.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Brad Christians triumph shuffle

It's called a Zarrow Shuffle :) You'd be wise to edit that or there'll be uproar - trust me.

It sounds interesting enough, you'll find that with anything you come up with on your own probably has been played around with before - it's inevitable really, think how long magic has been going on for! That's not taking anything away from you of course, you could make this routine something fantastic that everyone loves and that's when you can say it's become yours in my opinion. Obviously doing some research is definitely going to help you so find out all you can about different triumph routines!

I've just tried what I think it might be right now, and to be honest I can't see why it wouldn't work - it's very simple but also looks quite good especially if you through some subtleties in there. I can't tell you whether it's been published before BUT I can give one tiny piece of advice, make this as big as you can - because it's so simple it's going to need a LOT of presentational aspect put into it, otherwise it becomes a short trick where no-one is quite sure what's going and it's just "oh that was pretty neat" kind of thing.

Good thinking though buddy and it's good that you've come asking, instead of just going "LOL OMGZ HAI GUYZ I CRE8TED DIS NEW TRICKZ! YES! NOT BIN DONE BEFORE". :) :p

- Sean

Hey dude, I give you props for trying to com up with somthing on your own which is very hard.
I hate to tell you though that that trick was published not to long ago. The only reason you might not have caught it is because it is not called a triumph. It's called "Fastest Trick in the world". check it out and you will see what i need.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hey dude, I give you props for trying to com up with somthing on your own which is very hard.
I hate to tell you though that that trick was published not to long ago. The only reason you might not have caught it is because it is not called a triumph. It's called "Fastest Trick in the world". check it out and you will see what i need.

Fastest Trick in the World - I'm assuming you're talking about the one from Crash Course 1? That's not a triumph routine per se.

If this guy has a routine which involves the cards being shuffled face-up into face-down and then righting themselves to 'normality' except for the spectators card, then it's a triumph routine. :)

It'd be useful if he posted a video of his triumph routine but then, you know us lot - we reverse engineer effects until we get it and then say we figured it out on the first go and to try again next time... It really puts people off. I want him to post his routine if he wants to as well, I'll watch it once and give him feedback on it. At the end of the day, he's not going to perform it over and over again to a spectator until they figure it out so why should we watch it over and over unless he wants us to pick it apart.

Granted, if he wants some thorough reviewing of his effect then we'll have to watch it more than once but it'd be interesting to see how many of us are fooled/entertained if we only watched things once... I'll stop ranting now :p

- Sean

I would put a video up but because the Braue reversal requires mis-direction, you can't do that in a video (wel it's REALLY hard). There's actually a second slight that I didn't know was s slight untill I did some more research.
It is ment to be a bit shorter than a standard Triumph routine, but it can easily be done standing. But I'm sure when I get the right presentation nailed, and make a point of slowing down cerain parts and refining the subtleties; it'll be one of the most powerfull tricks I can do standing. Just think, and awesome un-expected ending to a standing ambitious card routine!

If anyone's interested in helping me with this effect, PM me. I'd post a vid but I'd be gutted if I saw some 11 year old newb (not all 11 years olds are newbs tho! or would do this) butcher my trick on youtube. I can e-mail you a clip if you PM you e-mail address.

Thanks again guys

Oh and WarriorMagician2010, The fastest Trick on Earth was the first place I came across the Braue reversal, probably gave me some inspiration. I assure you it's a Triumph routine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I came up with a Triumph effect of my own by using the principles of Fairly Fair Triumph in Full Metal Jacket by J.C Wagner and Syd Segal 6 months back... but after the release of "Simple Triumph" in the 1 on 1 section, it looks exactly like it :( but I'm glad that I finally know that I was not the first one to come up with it.

My version is not the same as Simple Triumph, as I stated before - it's impromptu, Simple Triumph is not (if that's considered a reveal I will edit).

My version the slights are easier but you need timing and mis-direction, so I'd say it's actually harder than Simple Triumph - which is purely based on clean moves so no mis-direction is needed.

Sep 1, 2007
Woah. I just tried this. It's a great stand up version of triumph. Better than Penguin's Nemesis. You can actually weave the cards in front of the spectator and shuffle them right together. Crazy-awesome!

So no one's heard of/used this exact method before??? If not, how do I go about making it mine? Not that I want to sell it - although money is awesome :) But if anyone uses it or tells anyone I wouldn't mind being given the credit.

I'd love to teach it to people (that haven't worked it out completly - or want a better idea of the correct mis-direction involved), but the only way I could make sure it wouldn't get raped my noobs and revealers on youtube might be to sell it. Not the trick itself - I'm a firm believer in that knowledge/ideas are free, but I'd be selling my time and trouble of making a tutorial.

Could I get an idea of who and how many paople would be interested in learning my method and hypothetically if you would pay for it.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Well personally I think it'd be a great triumph effect for those card magicians who are making good progress into the world of 'impromptu' no set up card magic and want an easy and simple triumph.

I'd love to learn the full routine as would anyone who wants to know the little nuances etc. I'd probably pay the same amount as a 1-on-1 video available here for a quick trick such as this :)

- Sean

Oct 17, 2007
SG
So no one's heard of/used this exact method before??? If not, how do I go about making it mine? Not that I want to sell it - although money is awesome :) But if anyone uses it or tells anyone I wouldn't mind being given the credit.

I'd love to teach it to people (that haven't worked it out completly - or want a better idea of the correct mis-direction involved), but the only way I could make sure it wouldn't get raped my noobs and revealers on youtube might be to sell it. Not the trick itself - I'm a firm believer in that knowledge/ideas are free, but I'd be selling my time and trouble of making a tutorial.

Could I get an idea of who and how many paople would be interested in learning my method and hypothetically if you would pay for it.

Vernon Chronicles, Volume 3, Pg 180. The trick is called 'Vis-a-vis' and is credited to Dr. Jacob Daley.

The trick is an impromptu triumph effect which requires nothing more than a reversal. Its not a braue reversal, but the one in the trick description is so simple and so deviously clever - its easliy 10 times better than a braue reversal.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude. The idea has been published before. I'm willing to bet your handling is different however. Even then, I don't have to tell you that you don't have the right to sell or claim the idea as your own.

Like everyone has said, props to you for trying to create your own magic and not be another cookie cutter magician. Also, congrats on discovering the idea independently.

But its been done before.

'Vis-a-vis' means face-to-face, I'm guessing that version involves a half pass though??? If it is, I know someone else who's claimed that trick as their own and sold it on a DVD. I'm still keen to know if my handling for the trick is out there somewhere.

Oct 17, 2007
SG
'Vis-a-vis' means face-to-face, I'm guessing that version involves a half pass though??? If it is, I know someone else who's claimed that trick as their own and sold it on a DVD. I'm still keen to know if my handling for the trick is out there somewhere.

Nope. no half pass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results