Nail Biting Habit

Jun 2, 2008
Hey i have a habit of biting my nails which effects my magic

1) because the appearence of my hands

2) hands can feel dry and horrible when doing magic

anyway im trying to stop the habit but i keep finding myself biting my nails when im bored

any suggestions ?

(Im not hypnotising myself :p)

Sep 13, 2008
Buy some clear fingernail polish and put it on your nails. It tastes horrible so you wont want to bite your nails.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
Use bad tasting nail polish

Buy some clear fingernail polish and put it on your nails. It tastes horrible so you wont want to bite your nails.

I'm almost four weeks out of the habit using a clear nail polish that promises to be very durable. The durability should be a factor too -- my previous attempts failed when the stuff peeled or chipped off. This bottle was about $3, and is still mostly full, even.

I never even get as far as the taste -- the complete change in texture was enough to remind me not to do it.

Hey i have a habit of biting my nails which effects my magic

1) because the appearence of my hands

2) hands can feel dry and horrible when doing magic

anyway im trying to stop the habit but i keep finding myself biting my nails when im bored

any suggestions ?

(Im not hypnotising myself :p)

They make a clear nail polish especially for nail biters. It goes on clear, drys quickly, and will taste horrible if you put your finger in your mouth.

Also get in the habit of carring a nail file and clipers with you. See my post in How to Get Gigs and Keep Clients Chapter 4 for more information.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results