Need Help Finding This Mentalism Effect

Jun 27, 2013
I need help finding an effect I have seen Mentalist perform where the have to people up on stage and have them put there arms out and touch one of them on the arm and they both feel it on the same place even though only one was touched. I have looked in Banachek series, Osterlinds 13 steps, and several other places but I can't seem to find it. If you can help please tell me what the name of this effect is called.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I need help finding an effect I have seen Mentalist perform where the have to people up on stage and have them put there arms out and touch one of them on the arm and they both feel it on the same place even though only one was touched. I have looked in Banachek series, Osterlinds 13 steps, and several other places but I can't seem to find it. If you can help please tell me what the name of this effect is called.

You haven't looked through those resources well enough. What you're looking for is in them.

Jun 27, 2013
So it is in Manachek Psi series or Osterlind 13 steps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2013
Are you refering to banacheks 4 dvd in the series where he does spoon bending and such he doesn't explain what i was looking for.

Jun 27, 2013
Ive gone over it several times but i can't seem to find it penguin magic had a label list for whats on what dvd

dvd 4
Nail Bends
Key Bends
Coin Bends
Silverware Bends
PK Pen
Permission & Warnings for Keys
Displays (for maximum reactions)
Bending Coins
The Volunteer Feels It
Why Quarters?
Putting the Physical Bends in Coins
Where to Bend & Display Coins
Silverware & Bag Method
Spoon Bending (new method)
Switching Spoons
Stage vs. Impromptu
Whose Silverware To Use
Angles
Pencil PK
PK Pen
About PK
Audience Perception

Interviews

Alpha Project

Jun 27, 2013
I have all of the collection but I didn't find it, some people on the magic cafe say that it is only in his book but I would think he would of put it in his dvd collection, but disc 3 is just his thoughts on muscle reading etc. and just to double check you're referring to Banacheks PSI Vol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Look up "PK Touches" it is sold as a manuscript on Steve's (Banachek) web site. . . but in my opinion you should hold off on this or anything tied to magic until you learn to use proper grammar and spelling in your posts. . . you will never get work doing shows if this is how you type up a presentation.

Most business proposals have to be written with a 6th grade reading comprehension level now days. . . that's so college graduates can understand them. You're far beneath that level of communication skill and need to step it up if English is your first language.

Sorry but them is the facts and you need to apply yourself in knowing the magic of life before learning more magic tricks.

Jun 27, 2013
2 things, I misplaced one word and that is my bad but I am not presenting this to you. Lets say your out with a group of friends and you talk normally with the saying things like " What's up dude" or something of the nature, you're going to speak differently depending on who you are speaking to. I wasn't making a presentation when I posted this I was not asking for correction on my grammar this isn't a classroom and also English is not my first language and you didn't have to be rude about it.

Sep 1, 2007
2 things, I misplaced one word and that is my bad but I am not presenting this to you. Lets say your out with a group of friends and you talk normally with the saying things like " What's up dude" or something of the nature, you're going to speak differently depending on who you are speaking to. I wasn't making a presentation when I posted this I was not asking for correction on my grammar this isn't a classroom and also English is not my first language and you didn't have to be rude about it.

I'm currently trying to learn Spanish for the utilitarian aspects, but I'd also like to some day learn Polish and Slovak so I can visit the Old Country. And I can guarantee you that I will make every effort to make sure both my spoken and written communication are clear.

In fact, it' probably more important to get written communication clear, because it's missing the nonverbal element, which is 93% of all communication. You might tell me that this is not English class, but the fact is that this is a text-based communication medium so you, me and everyone else has to step up our game to communicate. Bad grammar and spelling is the quickest way to guarantee people will not take you seriously. This was drilled into my skull by my parents, one of whom worked in corporate management and the other as a copywriter since before I was born.

If you really are having trouble with your English grammar, I recommend you use the website Verbling. It partners you with a native speaker of your target language who is also interested in learning your native language and you chat through both text and audio in order to improve your respective language skills. But giving us the excuse that this isn't an English classroom just tells me you're not really interested in improving your communication.

Sep 1, 2007
Mistakes are one thing, but Craig is referring more to the fact that your grammar here is overall pretty shoddy. It makes it hard to read because there are times we can't tell where one sentence ends and the next begins. What is your native language?

Apr 1, 2009
California
I hate the idea of changing how you speak just because you're with a certain group of people. Building rapport with a group of people is different than changing who you are. Do not underestimate intelligence. I don't understand what is with this modern day "fad" of appearing, well, stupid. No one seems to enjoy reading a book anymore. Or when it comes to watching a movie, watching something of value. But I digress. To answer your question, Banachek has plenty of instruction on the PK Touch, do a little more digging and you will find what you are looking for. Hint Hint: Google Banachek PK (Psychokinetic) Touches, or something of that nature and you will be surprised at the glory that unfolds.

Sep 1, 2007
French is my native language

Well, you're in luck. French is not exactly a geographically isolated language like Yucatec or Suomi or Gaelic or Zarma or Aramaic. Go to Verbling, it's free, and you'll have an easy time finding people to chat with who will help you perfect your English as you help them with their French. It's 20 minutes a day of just making small talk with someone through a webcam. It's not a huge investment of your time. In the long run, you will thank me for this. People will take you far more seriously if your written correspondence contains proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Jul 22, 2013
California
Go to Verbling, it's free, and you'll have an easy time finding people to chat with who will help you perfect your English as you help them with their French. It's 20 minutes a day of just making small talk with someone through a webcam. It's not a huge investment of your time. In the long run, you will thank me for this. People will take you far more seriously if your written correspondence contains proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
I hate to turn this into an English lesson thread haha, but thanks for the tip, Steerpike! I've never heard of Verbling, sounds like it could really help me with my Spanish.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA

When someone reads this post they find missing details which make the piece a challenge to understand even though it gives enough detail for the educated mind to figure out what you are talking about, this is where my gripe came to be, not some misplaced word, though that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. Communication is so important and clarity of communication is one reason why my posts tend to be "long". . . I want people to better relate to what I'm trying to say. I was short with you yesterday when I went off on you because I was already have a rough day . . . a long day dealing with doctors and other such horse pucky, it gets tiresome. I do apologize for taking some of that frustration out on you, but do try to be more clear in your posts, it goes a long way towards helping old messed up clowns like me, being able to help you ;-)

Jun 27, 2013
Alright, sorry for the confusion. Do you know if there is a video by Banachek that explains the PK touch?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results