Need help making a flyer

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
so im at the stage where id want to make some coin with magic now...so im trying to make flyers that i can post around town

my problem is, i want a image in the backround of mytext, to sortve catch the eye
im good with computers, but never have images behind text like faded in the back..just wondering if anybody can help me
im using either microsoft word or wordperfect (new editions)

and the image im trying to use is

Attachments

• gd21rd3.jpg
    gd21rd3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 66
it depends on where the image came from, it looks like a gettyimages image that has been cropped...i'm not familiar with the spade design...where did this image come from anyway?

PS....phenomenon....are you from cornwall ONTARIO? dude i was just there like two weeks ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Yeah dude....dont use the ghost spade....make your own image.

I would also recommend using photoshop ( if you know how ) or some kind of photo editing/creating program.

hahahaha dude that's crazy!

i was there with my girl's family visiting relatives for about a week, i was going crazy! I bought come fly with me for that trip, learned it in the first day, then sat and did nothing. we did go to that mall with the big sears and the movie theater there though!

i'm actually from vegas, but flew into toronto, rented a car, and we drove to conrwall and then into qubeck (sp?).

ANYWAYS...if you want help making an ace of spades i can do it for you so you can drop it in as a watermark...

Dan

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i dont have an artistic bone in my body

i just want something thats eye catchy, reason why i like that image is because its a spade, everyone can relate to it, but its not JUST a spade..

so if you can thing of something, then by all means put it together

i dont want anything with to much colour, as i will be printing a few of these, just something that makes heads turn twice, but doesnt give them whiplash :)

and its quebec

wish i had known this sooner, couldve let loose on the town lol

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
as i said im not artistic at all..so what id like hmm
not sure

something a little darker, like black/white/gray, not all flashy with bright reds and stuff

something tha symbolizes magic, but sortve subtly

maybe the back of a bicycle card with other stuff in it..i dunno lol

you guys are the artists :)

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
oh crap
thats orgasmic lol

me likes

is there anyway to make it bigger, so it can fit most of a page?
or if i want to use it as a wallpaper or whatnot (if you let me :) )

then once you do..hmm...
is there a way i can have it faded in the background, and have text over it for my flyer? (like ill do this, but what do i need to do with wordpad to do it)
or is it better to have that as a banner, and text around/under it etc (which i know how to do, attatch image, text around it etc)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results